• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Attemped to fix a HX900 servo.  Of all the plastic in it the part that broke was the brass shaft for the position sensing.  I have added much super glue and left to dry.  I also drove the rock crawler around the garden a bit to drain a lipo.  I now have to tidy up the mud / rubble / bricks it threw everywhere.

Serviced the front diff in the Savvy. I was relieved to discover that the clicking noise it had been making was down to an extra spacer I'd mistakenly added last time I had it apart, and the gears weren't showing any wear 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

Gave the Infraction its first little run, absolutely love and it will run on any condition road you come across. Though I will say it has to be one of the scariest rcs I've driven 😂. I was also toying with removing the hand brake function but I think that might stay as it really helps if to slow the truck down if you need it.

Oh and now all I can smell is burning rubber from the tires 🤣, they really do stink when they get warm but once warm they do provide a good amount grip. I think the biggest issue I have with it at the moment is the lack of stock of dboots hoons tires as it won't take long to burn through them.

awesome brudda gotta love the smell of smoking rubber haha glad u had fun !!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supersavage said:

Gave the Infraction its first little run, absolutely love and it will run on any condition road you come across. Though I will say it has to be one of the scariest rcs I've driven 😂. I was also toying with removing the hand brake function but I think that might stay as it really helps if to slow the truck down if you need it.

Oh and now all I can smell is burning rubber from the tires 🤣, they really do stink when they get warm but once warm they do provide a good amount grip. I think the biggest issue I have with it at the moment is the lack of stock of dboots hoons tires as it won't take long to burn through them.

great, any video of it in action.....wonder how close we are to a 100mph + rig out of the box

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

great, any video of it in action.....wonder how close we are to a 100mph + rig out of the box

No video unfortunately...I was too tense and forgot 🤣  Not far from 100 more and more people seem to be consistently getting 90+ out of it though any more than 3-4 back to back speed runs and the leccys start getting hot.   

• Like 2

Pulled the Hyper 7 out of its storage box where it has been for many years.

image.thumb.png.c2cc93d9620d92fe821118b6dfb0a3b3.png

I have to admit that I thought it was dirty when I put it away but it looks like I cleaned it (Mostly)

Started the strip down tonight and the more I did that the more I was tempted to fire it up again! (Moving to leccy again)

Guess I need to buy some fuel...

Ian...

Edited by Fuzzock
  • Like 2