• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbot, Pat and RCsparks drama

Nick

Lot of status updates about this so thought I'd create a topic about what happened with Kevin Talbot and Pat, as well as RCSparks! To discuss it here...

and RCSparks is taking a break:

What do people think?

Just finished watching the whole video. Also watched RC Sparks video earlier today. Now RC Sparks vid interviewing Pat wasn't too bad but a tad inflammatory for sure, and I think an over reaction on Pats part. But that's not too surprising after finding out about his depression & reliance of Kev to be there for him. Now I hadn't seen any of the stuff on Facebook before watching Kevs vid so that really shocked me when I saw how RC Sparks had spoken to him and what kind of language he used on a public platform. That to me is pretty damn low and shows what his true character is like. Not to mention how many younger kids would've seen it. Unacceptable to be honest. I like both channels and have watched them both for 2 years+. Both parties have done some wrong in one way or another but it's obvious who handled the situation better, and who now looks the far more mature person when a lot of people would've thought differently beforehand.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

Any chance of a summary?

Pat's a free leader, jumping on the mental health bandwagon, and trying to jump on Kev's success......

Pat IMO made Kevin's video's worse. Kevin clearly realised this, so got rid of him. Pats got nothing else to fall back on, so he is airing all this dirty laundry for 5 minutes of fame.

Orr.... the whole things a conspiracy, youre quite correct, no one looks good from this, but they're all getting views therefore money. All their videos have been very 'desperate' lately, probably due to COVID.

Edited by Guns

1 minute ago, Tug said:

It does look like Pat is emotionally unstable and therefore in need of a rock to lean on. However, Kevin Talbot (despite his best efforts) is not qualified to take that on! He's tried his best, but Pats problems are way beyond his skill-set. 

Aaron has shown a side I didn't know existed! Real nasty! Calling someone a cancer? Plus the C-bombs! And yeah, OK, you were the king, but no king worthy of that title brags about it. 

Pat, you need help, proper professional help. Go seek it out, starting with you're GP.

Thats a beautiful and far more eloquent way of the way I put it.

• Like 1

However, I do relate to Kev. I'm an only child, an introvert and love my own company. My main hobby is the gym. All my friends, including my best friend for 30 years, train. I simply cannot train with them. I have to train alone. Ive even built my own gym, just for me.

So, I get that sentiment from Kev.

Pat is a joke.

• Like 1

I think the issue lies with Pat, and agree that KT shouldn't have tried to take him under his wing of he was depressed. 

If I went to my mates place of work and tried knocking on the door, would I be upset if he was busy? No. 

The rest is just a load of nonsense. Why then did RC sparks feel the need to get involved is beyond me. Since he stopped YouTube gold and couldnt do loading King's his content was boring, so maybe he's been trying to drum up a load of interest.... Its been said already, but the messages he put on the community posts are a disgrace. With someone with 3.3m subs or whatever, he should know better! 

I miss the days when traxxas re releasing the same model for the 20th was the centre of attention and was the most drama we got. 

I've looked at snippets and it seems like this should have been dealt with behind closed doors and not dragged out around the internet but it's been fun to watch. 

• Like 2

Well, I've finally gotten through Kev's response video. Wow, that was an eye-opener!

Yeah, I can sympathise with Kev, I really can. Pat had properly latched onto him, became wholly dependent on him and was blind to how much his neediness was wearing on him. I wish Pat all the best, but Kev did more than can reasonably be asked of him.

Kev hasn't acted perfectly, but he's proven to be a good guy. I can respect him as a man, even though I'm not the biggest fan of his videos.

As for medic, I'm a massive fan of him, professionally; but no longer as much, as a person. He showed a lot of ugliness and pride.

Anyway, it's done now. Moving on!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My take, KT actually gained a lot of respect from me today - after watching a few videos of his, he just came across like a somewhat semi-rich knobhead enjoying himself ruining RCs. 

I still think that, but i understand now that there's other sides that don't convey well through the few videos i watched. 

I've not once watched a video of RCSparks, he seems a bit like an arse though. KT in that regard is quite right, not listening to both sides makes you look like an absolute tool - here's the best example. 

Pat eerily reminds me of someone i used to know, and no, that "neediness" isn't depression. Depressed people aren't needy (in this way), then passive aggressive, and then talk smack behind your back. This is a sad excuse. What it actually is, is sociopathic behaviour, attaching yourself to a person, jealousy, turning instantly into anger, then remorse, then anger etc. It's literally what an abusive relationship is made out of. KT certainly did do the right thing there - just compare this to chav-tastic relationships, the entire "he didn't do as i wanted, so he has to hate me, i hate him, please take me back, lets talk about it, i hate you, sorry, i didn't mean it like this, go die in a ditch" spiel.

Though.. It's way too much drama for what it is - a sociopath being ditched. Doesn't reflect well on RCSparks though.

• Like 3

When we learned this was back in August, it's pretty clear that anyone who is friends with them both have sided with Kev because he's in the right and perhaps the others don't know who deep Pats problems run?

I've personally seen what mental health can do, I have suffered many many years myself, but I am mostly in control of it now.

I've seen and been told some real horror stories of people getting attached to someone or something because it's a subconscious distraction, I'm not a professional, but that's what has happened here in my opinion.

Kev not being an expert thought he was doing the right thing by having Pat around, when in actual fact it was making him more mentally reliant on someone else.

I don't think this is a stunt personally, not from Kevs angle anyway, if he isn't genuinely disturbed in his video response, then he deserves an Oscar.

That looked and sounded genuine to me.

Medic is a bell, he has been for a long time.

Giving someone the finger on social media and calling yourself the king :lol: :lol: the irony is, they posted a video at the same time, both bashing videos, Medics got a little over 15k views in 20 hours, Kevs got 153k in the same 20 hours.

• Like 3