• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Melt Down

babylon

I really don't get the online abuse he said he's been getting. However, I think Horizon could've handled it differently by sueing him for breaking an NDA which he admitted doing. I think being given the cold shoulder is quite a good outcome...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hope he doesn't take it down before I get chance to watch it. I like to watch a bit of drama llama for the entertainment even though it's probably a net negative for the hobby as a whole. 

A bit of banter doing a decent at something is fine and generally a laugh, like when some puts a joke about traxxas inventing everything or arrma not being so arrma tough, but when you take it too seriously its a bit sad. As said above, they are just toys cars at then end of the day, nobody's hurt or dead over and rc car. 

• Like 1

Now this is the picture is it not,  Well it doesn't look like a promotional picture of any sort, Also a non standard colour, So did Vas take this picture yes or no, He should know, And if he did he doesn't have a leg to stand on, But if he didn't, Were did he get it from.

I get he's peeved if the picture was sent to him from someone else and he is the one getting it in the neck with no proof it was leaked by him, But as soon as he move that picture on he stuffed himself, He can't go up on the rooftop and shout with all he's worth that it wasn't me, Because he don't know.

And if your mate tells you he's asking he's girlfriend if she'll marry him  but keep it secret incase she finds out, Then you tell someone else and they drop it by mistake, Don't be surprised if your mate don't talk to you again, And defiantly don't expect him to explain why. 

spacer.png

He admits to passing on the pic to two trusted individuals, at least one of which sent it viral. 

Just because he claims he didn't officially "leak" the pic means nothing, passing it on is actually "leaking" the pic. 

It's a done deal. He dropped the ball. He didn't keep quiet. He leaked the pic by passing it on. It's all on him from everything I've read, plus this pointless vid. He needs to move on. 

I like his vids, they're not bad. He'll need to find new material now. 

• Like 2

Well now that I have watched it I can kind of see the problem. He has crossed business with personal stuff. He has got attached to arrma, but arrma are under a giant corporation. The giant corporation clearly doesn't care at all about his feels, why would they? They care about not leaking things, views, subs, marketing to the right target audience. They don't have resources or time to say friendly goodbyes. 

He has lost trust whether he was guilty or innocent of the leaking. Trust is a key pillar in business. 

I think he may have also gone slightly crazy thinking about it being locked inside. When you go to work or out you can forget about other stuff, but when he's locked in by himself this must have been going round and round in his head. 

I think he should do more builds and maybe rc race wars stuff. The cen reeper project was good. Getting new stuff all the time. Is ok, but you never really learn the full in and out of something when you don't spend as much time on it. I can imagine with 40/50 cars he is more jack of all cars master of none. Maybe he was master of arrma cars :P

Certainly won't be after this video anyway. Quite unprofessional, so if he wasn't already on a blacklist he will be now. It's a shame he did it live as well. I think if he looks back in a year at it he will probably think "why did I do that?" 

• Like 3

He'd have been much better off logging on for a session with an online counsellor as opposed to live streaming this to his audience... Alas hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Who doesn't love a good meltdown video though ey?  

• Like 2

On 10/07/2020 at 15:36, babylon said:

Now this is the picture is it not,  Well it doesn't look like a promotional picture of any sort, Also a non standard colour, So did Vas take this picture yes or no, He should know, And if he did he doesn't have a leg to stand on, But if he didn't, Were did he get it from.

I get he's peeved if the picture was sent to him from someone else and he is the one getting it in the neck with no proof it was leaked by him, But as soon as he move that picture on he stuffed himself, He can't go up on the rooftop and shout with all he's worth that it wasn't me, Because he don't know.

And if your mate tells you he's asking he's girlfriend if she'll marry him  but keep it secret incase she finds out, Then you tell someone else and they drop it by mistake, Don't be surprised if your mate don't talk to you again, And defiantly don't expect him to explain why. 

spacer.png

If HH were sensible and they sent it to him, it will be watermarked and you won't even know it. 

I watched it, and thought why the F is someone so upset about not getting anymore free cars, if anything he should think himself lucky he didn't land himself with a lawsuit.  And like someone else rightly pointed out he's not employed by Arrma or HH, they were just using him as for cheap advertising. 

I was honestly thinking about setting up a YouTube channel to share my RC journey since returning to the hobby.......but I don't think I'll bother now.  But online buse from the keyboard warriors is par for the course now-a-days.  You just need to learn how to deal with it and not bite. 

• Like 2