• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

4 hours ago, stimpy said:

Winch controller ? Pretty neat soldering , as you say though easier with the crimps... 

Nope, just a GR3E as the main receiver.  Only need ESC and steering servo and they plug into those short extensions.  The pins the connectors usually go into made the whole thing too tall so that was the only way to make it fit.  I guess it would also make a decent little winch controller RX, but driven by a different TX.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oodboo said:

Swapped the full size servo for a low profile one and put some foams in and glued the tyres in the MF01x.

The savox was overkill and quite slow, the low profile one is better suited to the chassis in my opinion.

IMG_20200709_164419.jpg

IMG_20200709_173000.jpg

How are you finding the MF01? 

I've been debating whether or not to order one and run it as a 4wd mini pick up. 

1 hour ago, Hell horn. said:

Cut more off the body I'm trying out.  

Decided I'd so a half red half light green job with some flame work on it.  I'd love a full on hot rod job but I'm no where near good enough for that. 

15943156840641803189555050261934.jpg

I’m 💩 at drawing flames too. Tip - find a flame pic on tinternet, scale it to the size you want , print cut out then mark round it 👍

• Haha 1

Today just done full pre flight checks on the Dragon twin, checked all the connections on the wiring, then went over every fastener to make sure nothing lose, as a while back it lost a couple of M4 bolts out of the fuselage joint, though knowing me i never fuly tightened them in first place

dragon outdoors (4).JPG

• Like 1

This morning I emptied the garage of all RC cars, which was a few more than I (or the missus) realised were in there.  Prioritised what needs working on next,  Removed the saw dust from them all and put back in a more sensible way so I can actually use bench to get a few "finished"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ghazghul said:

That looks a right handful!

It’s a beast, the esc has everything turned down and the temps are so low they are only just above ambient temperature, so it’s getting fixed, geared up and sent again 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tried to fit KM rims c/w Pioneer rubber (Trencher copies) to the X2, turns out the inner rim is smaller than stock and they rub on the steering rod-end. Total fail. 

Just about fit the rear, but only just.