• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Fitted a new Spur after stripping the first one on its first outing, also tidied up the wiring.

Also did a little mod to the slipper suggested by @mak01, by replacing one of the bushes with a bearing..

Ran two full packs through it in the garden, it flies!

1B79AEBE-41A3-48E0-8465-0F6D74F19A82.jpeg

Edited by Ag100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Reacher said:

quoting myself as i have a question for the audience......i did not like how this shell turned out, but i have dulled down some of the gold and have to say its kinda growing on me, now then i ordered a replacement shell its not in stock but on pre order, i planned to paint the next one in racing green (NO GOLD) but i am now wondering if i should just cancel the pre order shell and ask for a refund, just run this shell.........what would you guys do?

Whilst these are not colours I’d personally choose, I really don’t think it looks bad at all Jack. And you did a decent job of it. 

Like I said before, if you hate it FairPlay, else I reckon you should save your money and just drive the wheels off that one for a bit 👍

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, stimpy said:

Whilst these are not colours I’d personally choose, I really don’t think it looks bad at all Jack. And you did a decent job of it. 

Like I said before, if you hate it FairPlay, else I reckon you should save your money and just drive the wheels off that one for a bit 👍

I think i will leave the new one on order, but when it arrives maybe not rush to trim and paint it, get some use out of this one first

1 hour ago, Ag100 said:

Fitted a new Spur after stripping the first one on its first outing, also tidied up the wiring.

Also did a little mod to the slipper suggested by @mak01, by replacing one of the bushes with a bearing..

Ran two full packs through it in the garden, it flies!

1B79AEBE-41A3-48E0-8465-0F6D74F19A82.jpeg

Looking good mate, how's the tower guards and mud flaps holding up? 

45 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Looking good mate, how's the tower guards and mud flaps holding up? 

All good thanks Alex, I also borrowed your idea to use the red Hiro Seiko countersunk washers too.

• Thanks 1

Made good use of a sunny day today and swopped out the wheel bearings on the 5ive-T. Not a moment too soon by the looks of them. Really easy to do so really wished I had done it sooner.

20200608_150940_copy_1024x498.jpg

20200608_151357_copy_1024x2106.jpg

• Like 1

The cheap new  Brushed ESC may have gone poof, But happy with the look of the wheels, Didn't stop to  think I would need Hub extenders, But had a set knocking a about.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by babylon

The cheap new  Brushed ESC may have gone poof, But happy with the look of the wheels, Didn't stop to  think I would need Hub extenders, But had a set knocking a about.
20200609_175049.jpg20200609_180111.jpg

Oh dear about the ESC, I nearly fried my Turnigy 9x transmitter yesterday I took out the power pack to charge it connects with a 2s lipo balance lead, I reached down but picked up an actual 2s lipo & plugged it in frizzzzzzzzznpupupup burning smelting melting smell. Upshot transmitter ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of them things, See what they or eBay say, That's 2 I've had go straight away, This one was supposed to be Lipo ready, Just go's to show there is no tolerance in these things. 

Fitted new clutch spring haven't fired it up yet.

But also rebuilt car after giving everything a good clean (just need to wash wheels & tyres now). Hoping the rain stays off this weekend for some bashing

572780047_2020-06-1022_33_10.thumb.jpg.1ef77e82dc3a0b6347c15de548cd4ee4.jpg

869419472_2020-06-0321_59_47.thumb.jpg.0170b02d5f1309ad0be6d02443387238.jpg277210677_2020-06-1022_33_24.thumb.jpg.2bdc5b95feb4f2487d04b4a0e68d216f.jpg