• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, locky said:

What are you using to tighten wheel nut, a decent wrench puts more pressure. Dont over do blue threadlock, as you can have opposite problem and cant get nut off. Sounds like all going well with break in, lean a little at a time.

Am using a wratchet spanner/driver as my normal wheel but wrench doesn't fit in the wheels so might not of done it tight enough. My main problem was the grub screw coming out meaning I almost lost the hub so need to make sure that bit has locktight on it. Yeah seems to be going ok got a little confused with it towards the end so have reset the needles and will start tuning again as soon as I have sorted the hub out. 

I have also got the old lightning 2 going and the engine is running pretty well for a old engine might practice tuning on that one before carrying on with the st. 

Starting building up another HN X1 CRT. Had most of my hop ups for sale for a while without getting any interest so decided to keep them and make use of them. I didn't realise I still had half of it lol

So far I have done this, 

20170125_211305_zpsmrumhuyu.jpg

20170125_211312_zpsn0lfj4dp.jpg

20170125_211317_zpsasydywxt.jpg

Just need a few more things (Front/Rear CVDs, Centre Propshafts, CNC Chassis braces,new bearings, Wheels, Body) Then i'll be able to load her up with some electrics and be away... Hopefully...

Oh and sort out the front top right wishbone 

Edited by HellaFlush

Spent a few hours repairing the buggy...

Had;

New Suspension arm
New Suspension arm holder,
New Hinge pin,
New Servo thingy with the spring on,
New Front shock shaft,
Fresh shock oil all around,
New XT60 connectors on ESC and battery lead.

Put XT60s on as it originally came with 4mm bullets, then i swapped to a straight lead to pins for hard case batteries. But i want to try it on 3S so swapped to XT60.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Fitted some ali upgrade parts to my Outlaw: link arms and rear hubs. Added some grease to the inside of the axle too, hopefully stop any water and unwanted entities getting in. Added the ali motor mount, just need to finish things off with the pinion and electrics.

IMG_0931.JPG

Not today but yesterday I repaired the stripped spur in the Blitz, Didnt have another 88t so popped an 83 in. This is now exclusively run on 3s so Ive been conservative and gone with a 21t pinny. As temps were sensible on 88/20 Im hoping this will run ok....

Also had a look at the xerun on the Hyper. Upon start up the red light stays on for approximately 5 secs then the motor beeps as it should showing the cell count. After this nothing but the servo works... Tryed re calibrating but it only goes into calibration mode then nothing after.... Could it be an rx fault and the internal BEC  set too high? which is frying the rx? 

• Like 1

Cleaning my Baja Rey, modifying the battery cage to fit these gigantic graphene batteries in.

DSC_0063_zpshtn1oncv.jpg

Sorting out my newly acquired TLR 22 ready for its first outing.  Calibrating the esc, making up charge leads and glued on the front tyres

DSC_0064_zpso8zsk8le.jpg

Finally I bought a cheap box to put all the rc car bits in one place. 

DSC_0065_zpstptd1czi.jpg

Really looking forward to getting on an off road track for the first time since the mid-90's! 

Edited by Gazmk2
  • Like 2

Went to strip the ftx outlaw's front diff down, thought id drive around the driveway, then lost all drive.

Checked Rx with another and the same.

The brushed ftx esc stopped doing the 'do ray me' on start up and just generally flashes if you press forward or back.

So will try a different esc tonight.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, ChrisT said:

One of the better, cheaper DIY mods for the Baja considering what manufacturers charge.

Today I started the Repsol Cosworth. Only got 20 mins in and wished I'd never started. Carried on and 4.5 hours later got the worst out the way.

Had to cut some decals out and temporary stick them to the outside of the shell. Then flip the shell over and mark on the inside where the masking will go for the different colors. Then had to cut my own window masks, not a straight forward job. Then mask up and paint for each color.

:@.@:

DSCF0749_zpsxjwrwhp9.jpg

DSCF0751_zpsiwzlvs4h.jpg

DSCF0756_zpsgsn6hndz.jpg

DSCF0759_zpshbmresvo.jpg

DSCF0763_zpsafppfqk7.jpg

DSCF0764_zpsbehpyo1n.jpg

DSCF0766_zpsag29xgv8.jpg

DSCF0769_zps2kurejzp.jpg

DSCF0772_zps08g1duyh.jpg

DSCF0774_zpsuznil6ci.jpg

DSCF0780_zpswuxgwt7v.jpg

Black pen marks will be covered by the decals.

What a throwback!