• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kevin Talbot, Pat and RCsparks drama

Nick

Been just the one common denominator in all the RC spats past couple of years - Talbot.  He's forever claiming to be 100% innocents honest, full of integrity, but that's not the image that's emerging at all.

He managed to pick full scale wars with Vas from AussieRC, and Tomley RC,  neither of these guys could ever be described as aggressive, or having any other real agenda other than enjoying this hobby....

The RC sparks cretin is different though, he has huge following and fanboy base, and he could do some real damage to KT's income stream.  Looks like Kev's bit off more than he could chew with this unpleasant pothead 😂😂Glad to see the back of all three of them, KT, Pat, "Medic", the hobby would be better place without them.

• Like 3

Feel for Kev in this situation, i dont know the other issues mention by RcBEN9

Kev was working not wanting to be disturbed, dont see why people are upset at him for that.

Pat needs to grow up

RCSparks needs to mind his business, dont really understand why he's involved and didnt tell Pat that he needs to sort it out.

I enjoy some of Kevs vids, im not one who watchs a channel and its a devot follower of everything thats posted. I like about 40% of Kevs vids and i like them, the rest i stop watching as its not for me.

Sparks got involved because Pat appealed to him.  I feel sorry for Pat, the guy must have serious issues, and one of them is jealousy.  Same with Sparks, dude bragging about 1.7B views and telling Talbot to bow down, that's some petty **** right there..  truth is he's jealous KT gets way more views per vid than him.  i think he knows KT will eventually catch and pass him overall and he can't stand it.  I know sparks has health problems and considerable pain at times, and I respect him for carrying on and making something of himself, but this latest crap he pulled really made lose respect. 

Posted by Aaron (RC Sparks Medic) Long old post but well worth the read and might answer some of those doubts and questions as to why this all went down ! 

A few moments ago, I made a 3 part statement on my old YouTube Community page in regards to my retirement, and the situation swirling around the timing.   

I know that to many of my friends I do not need to make a statement - but as I was a public figure many people are left asking more questions. I have been loyal for so many years, and because so many have been loyal to me... I feel as though I owe a valid explanation that can be forever understood and stand on my channel.   

Posted to YouTube: 

A Lot of Love and a Lot of Hate will be left here I understand.  All I ask is for you not to seek out and hate beyond this post - on other channels. There is no need to spread more divisiveness. 

Even in a court - I entitled to defend myself against accusations and manipulation.  Some of you do not know me.  A LOT of you do.. and I thank you for that. 

Hello, my name is Aaron.  I have been running this YouTube channel since Nov. 2008.

Currently I am 43 years old, almost 44. The following is a statement that many are asking for. 

I feel like you deserve this.  An inquisitive human always wants all pieces of the puzzle to feel complete.

I will not be elaborating on this subject after today, as I have retired from posting videos on YouTube. 

I am sorry that we have all been exposed to drama this week.  I have had so many years drama free on this channel.

Recently I have been roped into some circumstance where people have strong opinions. Although I have retired from posting videos on this channel - I owe it to my viewers to fully explain in writing why I'm leaving.  I have always been respected as a man of decency and strong moral values. I have demonstrated them here on YT since 2008 - 13 years ago.  The moves I have made are always calculated and with purpose. To this day, I stand by my actions. Some of you will be not interested, or too lazy to read this statement - some people will disregard it for their own reality.  I am not interested in convincing you.  I am here for the people who care, and would like a straight answer from someone they respect(ed) and trust(ed). There are multiple reasons for me to retire (I will touch on all of them) - but the one people are speaking of the most is the following:

Order of Events: 

Subject: (PAT)  - Comes to me for a shoulder to lean on during a hard time (min-late 2020) and brings me into a story that bothered me. It was a story of meanness and sadness that truly tugged at my heart.  After hearing the issues between 2 long term friends - I make a choice based on other things I have witnessed about the subject he is speaking of.  (I was bullied as a kid - and I deplore bullies), and I offer to remove the cause of disturbance from my channel comments - to assist Pat from feeling disparaged.  It was no skin off my nose to do so, as I don't know KT personally.. nor have I ever spoken to him more than in a passing comment. 

I said nothing publicly - Why? Because it's none of anyone's business but my own. It's only my business because I was being Me and gave someone a shoulder to lean on when they were in distress.  I've blocked thousands of people in 13 years. I have no remorse of doing something built in to YouTube - for any reason a creator sees proper.  Some may not think its proper.. but Ive fielded 1.7 Billion viewers and have seen a lot during my tenure.  Several months pass, and I'm paying no attention to the issue... in fact, forgotten about it

February 2021 - Subject: KT - Out of the blue - Posts Publicly a beef he has with me "blocking Him" when he finally discovers that 1 of his channels was blocked.  He states he "supported RCSparks from the beginning" gave my channel multiple shout outs while growing his channel.   He posts this on his Main channel in the community section and sends it out to over 900K subscribers.  This caused a major issue immediately for me as droves of viewers started posting 1 sided hate comments.  His post was not technically a lie, but he could reach me through several ways including email, facebook, and his other channels on YT.

I would like to note that KT makes no effort to contact me personally (prior to his public post).

After receiving hundreds of negative comments - I find out about the post - that featured my trademarked logo and my image - with a giant Banned stamp. 

This same evening KT posted - I feel compelled to post a response publicly.  This is the only way to "quell the fire" (I thought).  Viewers would surely understand that when I was minding my own business that a public post causing an issue from KT would be seen as a move for clout - and just "stirring the pot" from KT's side. I was very straight forward - and stated that blocked KT for my own reasons - and that I was not willing to publicly state was the issue was with Pat.  It was not my business to disclose anything to the public - as Pat had confided in me.   

None of this would have happened had KT not posted his issue in a public forum community section with 900K subscribers. 

Then KT started using his 2nd YT channel and 3rd YT channel to start commenting on my Community Post.  This **enraged** me.   I think it is disgusting to introduce drama into our RC community - and he was trying to bully me, and Pat by making this public for his own gain.  Cleary he was able to comment - and others could see that.  Not only had he lied  and twisted the truth about not being able to comment - but he was demonstrating he could.   This would surely make the viewers understand the under-handed nature of what was occurring.    I was wrong. The internet was skipping over the facts  and jumping to conclusions.   More and More comments came in - accusing me of causing discontent in the community.  This was completely backwards.

Already being in a rage - I lashed out - and stated my mind.   I called KT a C*** (in the UK it is a **Normal** word) and I called him a Cancer for causing discord in the community.  I put up my middle finger to a Bully - and I would do it to this day.  Many viewers now caught up in the scenario.. but not understanding fully what is transpiring - start to go ballistic - defending KT.  I feel like Im living in Bizzaro world. 

Please keep in mind - that this was all over me blocking KT from commenting? Is it worth this much upset-ness in the community - worth him posting to 900K subs? It seems petty, and lame - an attempt to stir up attention.

Surely... PAT Must have had something to SAY - said the viewers. 

That evening.. I have a very difficult time sleeping.  People know I have had long term illness and now all the undo stress has made be beyond able to sleep.  I struggle to get through.. and in the morning PAT contacts me.  He says he wants to do a statement about this entire thing.. and that he doesn't know how to reach many people as I can. I offer to record my conversation with him.  We have another convo.. but this time he tells me what he told me months earlier.  When we were done, I thanked Pat, and he thanked me for having his back with a large voice. 

The ENTIRE TIME people are continuing to throw hate my way - for blocking Kevin, telling me how *Disappointed* I made them by Posting a Middle Finger picture.. calling out KT for being a.. well.. for being KT.   Viewers are still angry with me now.. and post about their Kids, and how they expect so much "more" from me.  I would like to remind you I am a normal human.. Just Like You.  I am no different - and just because I post YT videos.. does not make me lack emotion.  

Considering peoples concerns.. and the fact that it had been 15 hours since this incident started.. and that I have spent 13 years entertaining people of all ages - I remove the Offending Picture so kids waking up wont have to see the BS.  Poison is nothing my brand has ever been associated with. My statement had been made, and those involved had already felt the impact of my post. 

When I post the Video about PAT and I (Which should never have had to be public - but things have escalated and expectations from viewers are now over-the-top - because we have been dragged into this public mess do to the original KT Post).. and listeners get to hear his side.   80,000 people listen.   I am shocked, and saddened to see people have so much interest in the drama - not the RC productions. 

KT does not post a video for the next 24 hours.  During that time (prior to his video), after 24 hours of my original post - I want to stop the drama. People (viewers) and parties involved - are already hurt and have had enough.   I put the video to private.. and erase my main posts to remove any issue that there could be left for our viewers. 

Now, 1/2 Day later - KT releases a video on the "lies" that we're told by Pat, and myself - playing the VICTIM.   This is typical of a bully caught in the act, trying to save face.   Note that he uploaded it on his 2nd channel where he has FAR LESS subscribers, and he removed the original offending post on his Main channel - wiping free the evidence of what he did.  It was a coward move, and he knows why he did it. So do the people. 

This is why I am compelled to share this information, and forever my story will be known.

I have never been known as a liar. I have been in the public eye for all these years - respected as a "straight-shooter" and a man of integrity.  I was certainly most hurt and disgusted by how the last 48 hours had been played out.  People that I once respected and trusted - turned on me immediately.  People wanted to sling lies and twist truth about things they had no idea about. It is very common these days on social media.   

This is not the first time that KT has attacked other YT channels.  It is well known among the community - and it is documented.   Now, my experience will be documented forever here - and the next time he attempts to hurt the community - this will be an example of how a manipulator can twist public opinion.  

Shortly after seeing how Kevin had released his video - I released my retirement video.   

People want me to "be the better man".. and Walk Away.   I did just that.  I don't have a lot of time time in my life to concern myself with such high-school behaviour that now I was participating in. I have not commented on this subject until now - and it was the best time for me to leave. 

You might think I should stand and fight... but I just truly don't care to lead an army of people against someone else.  There are enough divisive issues to cause discord in the world.. this is not worth caring about. 

You might think I should have NOT POSTED this Post.  But as an adult, and as someone that has had a lot of respect in the community - I have the right to speak my mind, on my own channel - just like your KT felt he did. You posting I don't.. would be hypocritical, and not give me the same right to defend as was used to attack. 

I love this community, and I have watched it grow - and have been a fortunate person to have been apart of something so special. For this I am ever grateful.  

Let me now move away from KT, and on to the real reasons I think it was time to move on... 

Epilogue:
________

Several Months ago - YouTube introduced a new rule called 'Made for Kids" - and having a "Toy" channel - that featured my Son - YouTube wanted to remove all of my comments, and a myriad of other issues that would cause my channel unrest.   I was "not allowed" to have my Son Maurice on the show with me, without the penalty of having a $44,000 fine levied against me if I was found guilty of posting a "Made for Kids" video, if I marked it "Not Made for Kids".  Since my channel is in a very "grey" area - having my Son on the show, definitely made it "Made for kids".. 

Not being able to have my Son on the show with me, was my own "Strike #1" for YouTube. 

________

I have been battling illness for several years.  I am on the mend now - but for 3-4 years I struggled to do this show - sometimes getting out of the hospital - just so I could come and film. I felt a dedication to this channel and the audience that helped support me in my efforts to grow this wonderful hobby and to entertain literally 1.7 billion people. What an honour.    I still battle illness, but stress makes my battle more challenging.  "Strike #2"

_______

Covid and Politics -  Lets just be straight:   Covid and Politics have changed the way Humans function, hang out, divide, play, etc...     Everyones rules are different depending on the area.. and understanding of issues seems to be at an all time low - because of our different locations and governments.    As my friends and family are divided and everyone is trying to go back to normal. Unfortunately, we all still have to isolate.. and keep small bubbles.   "Strike #3"
________

For years, I have not been able to have a public opinion without the immediate "punishment" that people try to hold over you as a YouTuber and Creator.  Anytime a creator does something that the public doesn't like.. they Jump ship and Threaten to Unsubscribe and Not watch... spread hate, and so on.   I'm on my way to 50 years old... after 13 years of being told "Shut your mouth, and go back and make RC videos, or else".. I am no longer interested in jumping through that hoop.  "Strike #4". 
_______

I have accomplished almost everything I have ever wanted to do on this channel.  2000 original films, more than 50 builds, I have travelled the world RC'ing with people, I have had input on RC designs and have even seen my brand and loo tattooed on people! What an amazing time .. and I cant think of anything else people would really want to see.  All of my stories have been told... and really, I should have retired at the end of YTG 2020 - the way I originally planned it.  I just love to entertain you.. and was dragging my feet.. Lol. 

I could go on.. but you are starting to get the picture.   

To the viewers, readers and people in general that think I handled this situation poorly - I am sorry.   If I had let you down in any way - I do apologize to you.  No one should have ever known about this "dirty laundry".. and I see how all of this could have been avoided.  The fact is, this is how it played out.  I do not apologize for how I handled myself - as I would do the same thing.  If you say I should never have spoken to PAT, then that is your opinion.

I am honoured and humbled to know that so many people have gained smiles, relationships, learned new skills, and over-all had a better life experience because of our show.  I have received thousands of letters, video responses and people have shared their most private thoughts with me.   People have helped me, and I have helped the people.   I am a better person for this entire experience, and I hope the most of you are too.  

To the viewers, lovers, haters, and to the people who wont take the time to understand this situation...  as JD said in the end of the movie Blow...

"May the sun always shine upon your face, and the wind forever be at your back..."

Thank you all..  I appreciate you.

8 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Well from that  RC Sparks  seems to be trying to twist things.

on a side not him saying   (If you say I should never have spoken to PAT, then that is your opinion. )  That means he knows he shouldn't of  lol

Just now, Bajadre said:

utube drama makes more views = more cash from utube simple really lol

Well if RC sparks is telling the truth about working with RC company's  i don't think they will want anything to do with him now.  So the drama might not help him.

• Like 1

Interesting read, believable I'd say. 

If it's to be believed, and I think it is, then he was definitely ready to quit. He's made his money, created a brand, left a legacy, good luck to him. 

Should not have got involved though, it wasn't anything to do with him. 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

None of this would have happened had KT not posted his issue in a public forum community section with 900K subscribers. 

Yeah, that's nonsense. None of this would've happened if he hadn't banned a guy that he:

I don't know KT personally.. nor have I ever spoken to him more than in a passing comment

So, no. The guy was petty enough to ban someone that he disagreed with, for no particular reason other than someone else saying he's an arse. If he hadn't banned a guy that he, by his own admission, basically never talked to, then none of this would have happened. 

I still don't like KT (can't even put my finger on why, he just grinds my gears), but out of the two, RCSparks clearly is the disingenuous one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If pat is really ill  he is going to be worse off  unless RC sparks stays in contact.    But then are we going to see videos of RC sparks & pat together. 

Can i just say i was a RC sparks fan  and only watched a few bits of KT videos.  so im no fan boy of KT

Having been a watcher of aarons videos for atleast a decade I've never seen that side of him before, he seemed to be a sound guy but it's cuased me to rethink him personally, I still respect what he's build and all the large scale fuel powered stuff he's made over the years 

Nether heard of or seen pat or kev till a couple days ago 

On 24/02/2021 at 06:25, m-racing said:

what happened with PAT and Kevin Talbot ?

is there video only about these two that explains why they dont make videos anymore ?

where can i read about it also?

what do you know about them today?

Basic version is  KT never answered his door to Pat  because he was working.

• Like 1

Got about half way through that and chucked in the towel, It's not something I would even rate as entertainment anymore, Bored me senseless.

I would like someone to tell me at which point in time has the 'C word' ever been normal in this country, I know that Americans started to throw it about left right and centre in films, But I don't believe it has ever been normal here, It's still that one swear word you shouldn't use, Ever.

This could be part off his problem, Not understanding a culture,  If you call someone in the UK, Anyone, Even if your not to keen on them yourself, The C word, You've stepped over the line and lost any respect from this side of the pond.

Thing is, We can only judge these people on what we see and what they show us, Or, What they let slip, Could never stand RCSparks, His Load voice just went right through me, And just found his video's boring and pretty dull.

KT I can take or leave, He might be a nice bloke in person, And he doesn't come across as a bad bloke, Just wish he would stop trying to tell me, Or us, How to buy something cheap and sell it for more on eBay, I'm just not sure why he believes he has found the Holy Grail of buying and selling on eBay,  Which is my main problem with him, Is he trying to entertain me with a RC channel, Or is he trying to flog me he's get rich quick scheme, Because of that confusion, I may unconsciously, Or consciously , just dodge most of he's videos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Logie said:

@babylon Sports and construction industry its used alot lol

Things have changed then in the last 6 or 7 years, Worked on site for about 15 years and never really come across people using it.

I always say it's not the word you say, It's the context and the way in which you say it, You can call someone the B word, And you can call someone the B word, But the C word has a tendency to come across in only one way.