• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What would you buy? 1991 edition

.AJ.

I remember this ad back then, and actually brought the Madcap with starter plus pack, my first hobby grade rc. 

Still have the Techniplus, battery and charger laying around somewhere, car is long gone though.

If I had held out and saved my paper round money for a few more months, I would of got the King Cab.

• Like 2

Kyosho turbo burns kit with os. 21 rx-5. All the electric cars would be really slow from back then and not last very long on the nicads 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D4v3 said:

I remember this ad back then, and actually brought the Madcap with starter plus pack, my first hobby grade rc. 

Still have the Techniplus, battery and charger laying around somewhere, car is long gone though.

If I had held out and saved my paper round money for a few more months, I would of got the King Cab.

Just noticed the 2nd rc I also purchased from here, Kyosho RS500 Cosworth, based on the Raider chassis.

I brought this after snapping the Madcaps chassis and having to constantly re-solder the mechanical speed controller.

Brings back many memories.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

.....and also another for the madcap, my first hobby grade Rc.

Same here.

My Dad bought it for me for my birthday one year from Beatties probably in 1990. Fantastic fun and very underrated buggy. :good:

The one I really miss, my favourite RC car at the time, is the Tamiya Fox (I know its not in the advert). I loved that car, put a nutty motor and changed the shocks on mine and had hours of fun. *sigh* Those old adverts bring so many good memories back.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James1986 said:

I get inflation and all that but THOSE PRICES!😵

£49 in 1991 = £109.5 today

so that kyosho buggy kit i said would be £909 in todays money with the engine and no electronics XD