• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

19 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

Sounds like you got a good deal, for what I intend to do I think the centre diff wouldn't really help however I'm going to use diff putty in the front. 

I have a spare locker or two if you need any?

I payed £195 for it delivered  so quite a chunk but it did include:

Traxxas steel  cvd’s front, rear and centre 

savox servo

centre diff and stock gear included 

2 x nimh packs

2200 mah lipo pack

Traxxas charger 
and a box of bits with shims, diff lockers, a 35 turn motor, pinions, a spur gears and assorted spares 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomr said:

savox servo

2 x nimh packs

2200 mah lipo pack

Traxxas charger 
and a box of bits with shims, diff lockers, a 35 turn motor, pinions, a spur gears and assorted spares 

I was going to PM you asking what you paid. Considering theyre £280 rrp (and Traxxas hold their money. Think you did well! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomr said:

savox servo

2 x nimh packs

2200 mah lipo pack

Traxxas charger 

That's a good price, mine was slightly less however I didn't get all of the above however I've sold most of it on.

• Like 1

Got a 14t clutch bell off my brother in law and whilst fittin it, iv found my fly wheel has a crack in it 🤦 gona sound stupid but what's the worst that can happen with a cracked flywheel? Pic of the crack lol also the old clutch bell was 13t, will 14t be noticeable or not really? Got a 17t comin next week which should have a noticeable change lol 

IMG_20211009_202105.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madmoz7610 said:

Got a 14t clutch bell off my brother in law and whilst fittin it, iv found my fly wheel has a crack in it 🤦 gona sound stupid but what's the worst that can happen with a cracked flywheel? Pic of the crack lol also the old clutch bell was 13t, will 14t be noticeable or not really? Got a 17t comin next week which should have a noticeable change lol 

IMG_20211009_202105.jpg

That doesnt look like a crack, its very open and clean if its a crack, the fly wheel holds the cluch shoes so yeah if your fly wheel comes loose you will loose drive.
Jumping to 17t on nitro, yeah you might notice it bog down and need a re tune, what is the engine a .21?

Cut the battery tray to try and squeeze in the castle system i planned to use but couldnt, so rather having it sat about a little cut and bang!
Can give it a go on 4s now 😱

IMAG1599.thumb.jpg.7dba60b62215fc6a25813fcfb7da8fd6.jpg

Ohh and whilst at it stabbed myself in the eye by accident with pliers, saw a flash of light and luckly it didnt fill with blood.

Edited by Redback
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

woohoo glad you like it bud and got it to work properly 🙂

does it do wheelies now? 😄

Wait what? Didn't it use to wheelie for you? I put the curse of FTX in it, and it's wheelie machine (only from stand still, as I suspect the ESC dumps in extra juice to mask the otherwise cogging) 

Going to remove the curse and treat it to a Hobbywing 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert_w164 said:

Wait what? Didn't it use to wheelie for you? I put the curse of FTX in it, and it's wheelie machine (only from stand still, as I suspect the ESC dumps in extra juice to mask the otherwise cogging) 

Going to remove the curse and treat it to a Hobbywing 😁

It occasionally wheelied with the stock motor and a bit more with the replacement brushed motor but not like how your getting em now lol

we found Kyosho cars to be a bit hit or miss with us

Had original tracker kit when yrkoon was a nipper then a 1/10 nitro Colin McRae Ford focus and both those were great then we got a DBX omg that was crap it was like an FTX lol broke if looked at wrong then that Tracker 2 lol 

but glad you figured it out mate  :good:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bert_w164 said:

I'm definately keen to put it through its paces, having worked on the Carnage, immediately I was put off, partly being spoilt by Hobao, so the truth is I didn't have any expectations on this being decent, especially the way @Yrkoondescribed it lol. But as soon as I picked it up and felt the plastic, the heft is apparent, but so is the ability to flex and then tearing the gearbox down and  rest of the car, the design isn't bad at all. Also seeing nice metal gears etc. There's so many little things I've noticed on it, like the shock springs, its not just the lenght that's different between the f/r springs, but rather the number of coils per cm. Kyosho have put thought and effort into it. The shocks are oil filled and needed a bit of topping up, since doing so, I can now drop it from 2/3 meter high and its not slapping its chassis on the ground. 

I thought RWD would be a nightmare, but actually the fact that the front wheels can roll during heavy braking means it doesn't flip over, simple yet very effective. All the prep work is done, the motor was just warm to the touch, no funky noises, binding or anything awry, its prepped for its first 3S run tomorrow 🙂 I reinforced the shell too and @Yrkoondid a great job at greasing all the moving parts in the gearbox so this has to be one of the quickest teardowns I've had with nothing actually broken or in bad condition. 

really happy that you's both love it and i know it will have an awesome home with you's and i love the ta04-s  🙂

cant wait to see how it runs on 3s hehe 😄

• Like 1

Buggered another battery. Wasn’t even actually using it… plugged it in to test something while I was working on my sca-1e and forgot to unplug it. Two days later I remembered, but too late, flat as a pancake. 

Really annoyed with myself. 
🤬🤬

• Sad 5

On 11/10/2021 at 16:36, Jack Reacher said:

Not done anything to my models, but did yet another new shell for my wifes brushless outlaw, she still has her own stickers to put on, she calls it "Dirty Fairy", she wanted a nice new set of robes on it for scale nationals, what you cant see is all the black Gorilla tape on inside of shell, see if this one lasts any longer 

outlaw shell.JPG

Haha! Bought a Bugster shell a while ago to fit on a maverick.....paper thin....did the same tape thing  with mine to no avail...didn't last  2 minutes ☹️

1 hour ago, Yorkshireman said:

Haha! Bought a Bugster shell a while ago to fit on a maverick.....paper thin....did the same tape thing  with mine to no avail...didn't last  2 minutes ☹️

Don’t say that, I’m painting a Bugsta shell atm. Hope I get more than 2 mins out of it.

• Haha 1