• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

I finished the orlandoo micro shogun. Put the tyres off the doorok on it to help with ground clearance & they catch on the front bumper & body 🙄. I'll grind off the necessary & I've ordered some m5 280 shocks to give it a bit more lift .

Stripped down a new converted ST Pro that was eating the rear large planetary gear in the centre diff.  Converson to BL was done with Hobao mount which still needed the front diff half shimming to match and shims on top to keep the top plate level.  Fitted new internals to front, rear and centre diffs along with bearings and diff cup on the centre.  No reason in the world for it to do it again bar lack of mechanical sympathy from owner.  Will soon see.

123857606_1076073649506581_2740761080285

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

After countless broken hex pins I decided to make my own.
Titanium Grade 2 rod. 2mm thick, 500mm for £12. Cut to 12mm lengths. Perfect emoji108.png90061e2a14918ca96b756ec16fd6e2bc.jpg26ea2254746a63858652845c1a0b9f9e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I did the same with odd tungsten drill bits when I worked in a tool room. 

The standard RC ones are rubbish. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Few night run shots.

Excellent photos 👌 

Looks like you have some stunning areas to take your RC's up there in the north

4 hours ago, DartmoorTrails said:

That's a damn good shout, hadn't thought of that!:good:

We had some long shank drills for one job (part of the harrier jet levitation system) and after a few pices they are blunt so I think one one RC I even had tungsten carbide hinge pins. I definitely put them to one side however I can't remember if I used them or not. 

• Like 1