• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

55 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Doesn’t matter how many times I do it, every time I come around to doing it again I remember how entirely completely I absolutely utterly loathe gluing tyres. 

Ive not plucked up the courage to glue my Maxx tyres yet

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tug said:

I quite like it. However, getting them to stay stuck first time? That's a dark art. 

Yeah, I remembered halfway through that like a total noob, in my “enthusiasm”, I failed to clean everything the way I normally would - so will probably all come apart anyway….  🤣

Before we drift too far off topic, when I got my first E-Maxx, I didn't even know you had to glue the tyres! Should've read the manual! Couldn't understand why they kept slipping off. 

I do clean rigorously, and roughen the beads on both the rims and tyres. They still come off. 

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

Before we drift too far off topic, when I got my first E-Maxx, I didn't even know you had to glue the tyres! Should've read the manual! Couldn't understand why they kept slipping off. 

I do clean rigorously, and roughen the beads on both the rims and tyres. They still come off. 

i tried to roughen up the rims  but don't seem to stick as good for some reason