• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

Was browsing eBay whilst my Mrs watched the Rugby on Saturday (im not into Rugby) and I noticed this. Had a long chat with the guy selling it, lovely guy, and struck a deal. It arrived today.

pUpUo0h.jpeg

Now you may be thinking, why has he bought that old TA02 for? Hasn't he just sold 5 of those for a 'clear out'?

Well yes, but when I bought my Tamiya Repsol Cosworth, I didnt have the correct wheels. Ill be honest, I prefer the fake Rally Style ones I have on it, but recently Ive been making some perfecting tweaks to my stable, so I decided to get the period correct kit ones.

I'm not going to lie and say Ive been looking every day for #50711, but when they did come up, the seemed to be very expensive or battered. From my limited knowledge, they only came on the 1 Cosworth model. I'm sure an expert will let me know I could have got some from 'X' but hey, I have 4, decent. condition ones now.

https://tamiyabase.com/parts/1373

They will end up on this

vdxzdjE.jpeg

As I say, I probably prefer the ones that are on it, but hey. This is how it should be and how I remember it.

It also gives me a spare chassis, so I can move my Mitsubishi Evo 7  WRC off my SRX onto this chassis (Rally car, rally chassis) and Ive picked a road car shell for my SRX (Touring Car Shell for a Touring Car).

Make sense? It does to me! I think!

• Like 2

PXL_20240315_003546455.thumb.jpg.6b2d38c98d3f08452aef9419ad142dc5.jpgPXL_20240315_003546455.thumb.jpg.6b2d38c98d3f08452aef9419ad142dc5.jpg1.9 Injora comp pin tyres, shiny wheels to fit them to. Ordered from AliExpress last Friday, got home from a few days away and sat here waiting for me, can't be bad 😁

• Like 3

Today received my third hand station to re solder new batteries to the 2 s107g when they arrive and also 2 x 1c batterie (arrived yesterday, missed them in box. lol)

still waiting for my battery checker ……..🤔🤔🤔

Edited by karlo888
  • Like 2

IMG_20240316_143833

Two sets of 1.9 beadlock wheels, both black. One set are the steel stamped deep dish. I like those because they're like the steel wheels I put on my off roaders. 

The other set are black aluminium six spokes. 

A 5 slot 550 motor for one of the crawlers. 

A waterproof receiver box for £1.55, bargain! 

And some magnetic body mounts for the hard body builds. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steephill said:

IMG_20240316_143833

Two sets of 1.9 beadlock wheels, both black. One set are the steel stamped deep dish. I like those because they're like the steel wheels I put on my off roaders. 

The other set are black aluminium six spokes. 

A 5 slot 550 motor for one of the crawlers. 

A waterproof receiver box for £1.55, bargain! 

And some magnetic body mounts for the hard body builds. 

nice Injora haul, im gonna need some nice wheels for the RGT pro runner, will get them from injora

• Like 1

Just now, Lone-wolf said:

nice Injora haul, im gonna need some nice wheels for the RGT pro runner, will get them from injora

Came in six days, pretty quick. 

All of the wheels I've bought are from Injora, quality and good price. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, steephill said:

Came in six days, pretty quick. 

All of the wheels I've bought are from Injora, quality and good price. 

Yes the 1.9 wheels are very good, im holding of till the car arrives as i want to see if it will take negative off set rims, also i have a nice set of wheels on one of the cars i will be selling

3 hours ago, markymarky said:

A few bits from Taylor RC 😊

Baja Flux kit along with Taylor RC gearbox, rear upright adjusters and titanium hinge pins. 

More bits to come tomorrow from elsewhere  😜

IMG_20240319_145230.jpg

Blimey! Didnt know Baja's were still a thing!

51 minutes ago, karlo888 said:

Bloody 2 weeks of letters and bills.😱😱😱😱

Did the postman cut his finger? 😉

• Haha 2