• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

7 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

A vintage nitro boat. Something I’ve never really taken interest in, but it was local and for £30 I couldn’t say no! 

The owner said he was 5 years old when his dad built it him, and now he’s coming to 60 so the boat is over 50 years old.

Surprisingly the nitro engine is not seized, but the mechanics and electrics are something from another world - never seen them so old :lol: 

The craftsmanship and appearance sold it for me, it looks even better in the flesh with the age related marks and wear!

23-DCD212-B964-4-E42-B106-3010-DD6-D1-DD

That looks amazing, could you please post pics of the mechanics and electrics, interesting 🙂

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 53HRA said:

A vintage nitro boat. Something I’ve never really taken interest in, but it was local and for £30 I couldn’t say no! 

The owner said he was 5 years old when his dad built it him, and now he’s coming to 60 so the boat is over 50 years old.

Surprisingly the nitro engine is not seized, but the mechanics and electrics are something from another world - never seen them so old :lol: 

The craftsmanship and appearance sold it for me, it looks even better in the flesh with the age related marks and wear!

23-DCD212-B964-4-E42-B106-3010-DD6-D1-DD

My dad has one very similar, got it running over the first lock down, his is electric.

Edited by Ag100
  • Like 3

A tamiya M03, the photos didn't show the bits of yellow paint on it so when I went back to the seller they offered a part refund but other than that it looks like it's had very little use so I'm not overly worried. I'll strip it down and give it a clean and it will no doubt come out new. 

Is also got some 3 racing 1 piece arms that will either go on this or the M05. 

20210717_121104.jpg

• Like 3

Some parts for the slash ultimate.  but need to wait for the battery mount from US

even got a pinion with the motor  also a spare fan & caps for the ESC

IMG_20210717_121151.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ag100 said:

Some Castle goodies, Mamba X combo with 2400kv motor and castle link.

4D0EC920-3F8D-45A2-B950-BD41848B9A26.jpeg

Such a nice looking esc, cant bare to remove my replacement from the factory seal after cooking it, gotta say tho castle are fuss free and did just replace it with no faff.
Whats this monster going into?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redback said:

Such a nice looking esc, cant bare to remove my replacement from the factory seal after cooking it, gotta say tho castle are fuss free and did just replace it with no faff.
Whats this monster going into?

It’s going into the Lasernut, agreed, such a tactile thing (sounds strange) but with the aluminium case (I assume) it seems like a really nice piece of design, hopefully performance wise it will be good. It’s @.AJ. fault, saw his in the Ryft, and the smoothness of it sold me, the spectrum is so coggy and difficult to drive smooth and precise of that makes sense.

Edited by Ag100
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, James.S said:

@Jack Reacher That looks awesome mate, I really like that green  :good:

Cheers fella, it looks better in person so to speak, this little 1/16th gets rave reviews and rightly so, it works well, looks proper scale, light control on excellent TX, in general it seems FTX or whoever makes for them are constantly upping the game on detail and quality

• Like 1