• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Netflix/Prime/Disney Series recommendations?

Nick

I'm struggling to find something good at the moment if anyone can shoot out some good series to watch? 

A few of min:

• Maid (Netflix)
  • You (Netflix)
  • Jack Ryan (Prime)
  • Queens Gambit (Netflix)
  • Fargo (Prime)
  • Mind Hunters (Netflix)

I hear really good things about The Last of Us but it's not here in the UK??

The last of us is great. 

"Recently" the shows i watched were 1899 (great), The Consultant (sucker for Christopher Waltz, also great but ending was a bit meh), rewatched Happy (still awesome), The Last of Us (great). There's probably a lot more that i watched but can't remember. 

edit: Clarksons Farm Season 2 as well, lol. Of course, The Boys if you haven't watched it etc.

Edited by m4inbrain

1 minute ago, m4inbrain said:

The last of us is great. 

"Recently" the shows i watched were 1899 (great), The Consultant (sucker for Christopher Waltz, also great but ending was a bit meh), rewatched Happy (still awesome), The Last of Us (great). There's probably a lot more that i watched but can't remember. 

oh 1899 was excellent and if you liked it watch Dark on Netlfix! It's all in German but even better, I got onto it after looking up 1899 more and it's the same writers.

@.AJ. is that Vikings on Prime?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick said:

oh 1899 was excellent and if you liked it watch Dark on Netlfix! It's all in German but even better

Shall add it to the list, cheers.

Though i will say, i don't like watching TV in german - i grew up in a region that has a distinct accent (bit like a scouse), so "normal" german just sounds too posh. 😄

Vikings Valhalla is also great and on Netflix, if you  haven't watched the original ones I'd suggest to start there (+5 great seasons of content), you can get away without watching the original however if you enjoy Vikings Valhalla you'll like the original. 

• Like 1

Man I watched so much when recovering from surgery etc 

Ozark

Queen of the south

Wanted

You

fear the walking dead 

Better call Saul

Dexter

Loads more I’m not usually a couch potato but sadly recover was long painful and extremely slow and hospitals are the most boring places on the planet 😂

• Like 1

For the past few months we have been watching Korean series. Got some really good story line BUT obviously you will need to read subtitles, if that doesn't bother you then check them out.

All of us are dead ( zombie series)

Train ( parallel universe)

That is all I can remember at the top of my head.

Will need to find out what others are called. 

Remembered some more:

Hellbound ( people getting sent back to hell) very violent and bloody if you don't mind that

Tomorrow ( grim reaper)

Goblin ( again, grim reapers)

You will have season 2 of Jack Reacher coming soon on prime

if you can find Yellowstone that is total compulsive viewing once you get into it, takes a few episodes to get going also on Yellowstone theme is 1883 and 1923 following the Dutton family

Greys anatomy on Disney?

on Netflix...Designated survivor

how to get away with murder

house of cards

shadow hunters

Manifest

Peaky Blinders

Brian Cox in Succession is excellent - I’m sure what its on.  Umbrella academy (Netflix) is very entertaining too. Andor on Disney was enjoyable. BBC iplayer Has “Warship Tour of Duty” about the new pride of fleet Queen Elizabeth and is a great watch, “The Gold” about the Brinks Mat robbery is on there too .

Mandalorian - OBVIOUSLY!

Narcos

Anything Star Wars

Battlebots - if you liked robot wars…and its RC relatedish

Rust to Riches

Fastest Car

Hyperdrive - i really liked it, Netflix canned it

Young Sheldon - I liked The Big Bang Theory but like this more. Nice lighthearted comedy.

Just to add: Yellowstone is on Paramount and is awesome!

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2023 at 14:26, froggy8 said:

All of us are dead ( zombie series)

Didn't get into it, i think Train to Busan spoiled me in regards to korean zombie stuff. Ma Dong-seok (unfortunate name if you think about it) is just an amazing actor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

Didn't get into it, i think Train to Busan spoiled me in regards to korean zombie stuff. Ma Dong-seok (unfortunate name if you think about it) is just an amazing actor.

Is that ma ding-seok the main character from train to busan? If he is then yeah he is a great actor, we watched the goblin one as he is the main character on that too. It was because of that train to busan that we liked the zombie ones. Also the other main character  on train to busan was the one we call Jerry because he reminds us of that guy from walking dead 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, froggy8 said:

Is that ma ding-seok the main character from train to busan? If he is then yeah he is a great actor, we watched the goblin one as he is the main character on that too. It was because of that train to busan that we liked the zombie ones. Also the other main character  on train to busan was the one we call Jerry because he reminds us of that guy from walking dead 😀

1200px-Don_Lee_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Big guy. He had quite a few good movies (including The Gangster, the Cop, the Devil). Other good (imho) korean movies are "I saw the Devil" as well as Oldboy (the 2003 release, not the 2013 release), if you enjoy watching korean flicks. 

• Like 1