• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas XRT 8s

Nick

This is bull💩,if you were desperate to get it on releasee day and you have no local Hobby shop close to you..!! 😩😩

Due to the Traxxas First Release Program we are only permitted for instore sales for the first 2 weeks, after this online sales will be opened.

Please contact us for further information about the Release Program

7 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

This is bull💩,if you were desperate to get it on releasee day and you have no local Hobby shop close to you..!! 😩😩

Due to the Traxxas First Release Program we are only permitted for instore sales for the first 2 weeks, after this online sales will be opened.

I don't understand though really what this gets them (Traxxas) how does this help the hobby or sales if you limit supply ??

Please some explain or enlighten me..!!

14 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Theyve been doing this for years. Sledge was the same. Its good for local modelshops?

16 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

I don't understand though really what this gets them (Traxxas) how does this help the hobby or sales if you limit supply ??

Please some explain or enlighten me..!!

It makes people go into an actual brick and mortar store and buy one instead of just ordering online from one of the bigger shops? How can that be a  bad thing?

I wanted me Sledge on Day one, so I had to drive to a local shop and buy it in store as opposed to ordering it from Modelsport and getting it delivered. 

3 minutes ago, solomee said:

I have  5 hours driving to my Nearest  Hobbyshop.

This is why i never buy TRX.

They force people shop  Local in the beginning.

And they force  hobbyshops sell TRX products to beginners who asking about new car also.

Mafia style.

This is why i hate TRX.   They force you and shops do alot things.

This is out of Hobby and freedom

So youre moaning that is difficult for you to by a product that you were never gonna buy anyway? Got it!

Listen guys, theres 1000’s of reasone to hate on Traxxas. Genuinely. The Traxxas First Delivery Program isnt one of them……

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

It makes people go into an actual brick and mortar store and buy one instead of just ordering online from one of the bigger shops? How can that be a  bad thing?

I wanted me Sledge on Day one, so I had to drive to a local shop and buy it in store as opposed to ordering it from Modelsport and getting it delivered. 

I don't think it does, personally for me I would just wait and then order online when available. I understand what your saying but that's just crazy selling tactics 🤪

What about if you don't drive, how do you go to your local hobby shop and get that home it's HUGE..!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

I don't think it does, personally for me I would just wait and then order online when available. I understand what your saying but that's just crazy selling tactics 🤪

What about if you don't drive, how do you go to your local hobby shop and get that home it's HUGE..!!

I honestly think its more of a US thing, where everyone drives a V8 Pick Up Truck and drive 5 hours for grocery shopping 😂

Edited by Kpowell911

Has to be said I’m very tempted to get one. I’ve loved the Maxx and was thinking of going for an Xmax but this would probably suit where I run my trucks better. I can see me selling the Talion and the Vorteks off in the spring!

23 hours ago, BashingBrian said:

Traxxas is based in the US, there kind of isn't really the option to not drive. If you live in the big ones like NY etc you do have public transport, but you'll have to carry your rig to your bashing spots anyway - and you can't actually live rural without car. What you think of as a "cross country tour" over here is for some not even enough to get out of their state. There's a different perception of distance - driving an hour to something is considered reasonably close. 

Do i like the system? Nah, absolutely not, i think it's dumb for us over here. But i also understand that it's not designed for us. 

That being said: i've never wanted an RC desperate enough to not be able to wait for 2 weeks, it's not really a necessity. Despite being incredibly impatient. 

No shops near me stock Traxxas so it’s either wait or drive 1 1/2 hours up the road considering the cost of fuel and you get free shipping I’ll just wait it out its not like I’m going to rush out in the rain and mud to use it 😂👍

2 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

No shops near me stock Traxxas so it’s either wait or drive 1 1/2 hours up the road considering the cost of fuel and you get free shipping I’ll just wait it out its not like I’m going to rush out in the rain and mud to use it 😂👍

Life is good, i just dont have this dilemma  i dont buy Traxxas simples

4 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Yeah, for us as well. 

In summer i'd not even mind the drive, pack the wife in the car and just have a small "road trip" (the shop is near a scenic mountain route) to the XRT etc, but not in this weather. And, the same, it's just not bashing season (for me) anymore anyway. X-Maxx is ready for hibernation too. 

Dumb in the first place. Apple is a company, Android an OS. Apple is despicable, AppleOS is decent enough. It's inarguable though that Apple is Traxxas on steroids. And meth. 

1 hour ago, m4inbrain said:

Dumb in the first place. Apple is a company, Android an OS. Apple is despicable, AppleOS is decent enough. It's inarguable though that Apple is Traxxas on steroids. And meth. 

Proper going of topic, lads get it back to subject of topic, if you want to talk about mobiles plenty of suitable forums, for the record I apologise for my comment I don't hate the products they are just not for me for reasons I won't go into, in future I will refrain from posting in trax only threads

36 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

Proper going of topic, lads get it back to subject of topic, if you want to talk about mobiles plenty of suitable forums, for the record I apologise for my comment I don't hate the products they are just not for me for reasons I won't go into, in future I will refrain from posting in trax only threads

post when you get one, you've been on about getting a trx4 for years 😉

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 31/10/2022 at 08:36, mydoddy69 said:

If you don’t buy Traxxas why bother to look into a thread about them, are you a 🧌 

Tbf to @Lone-wolf , .....I don't sleep with 20 year old ladies but I still like to look to see what I'm missing. 😁 :lol: 

Regarding the XRT I think it looks good but for some reason I was kind of hoping it was a large buggy rather than truggy. I think it will do well as they usually do.
Looks like it will be a good large scale platform and nice to see they're including the "optional speed gearing". 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, GMballistic said:

Tbf to @Lone-wolf , .....I don't sleep with 20 year old ladies but I still like to look to see what I'm missing. 😁 :lol: 

Regarding the XRT I think it looks good but for some reason I was kind of hoping it was a large buggy rather than truggy. I think it will do well as they usually do.
Looks like it will be a good large scale platform and nice to see they're including the "optional speed gearing". 

I find that reasonably odd too, in general. There's barely any large scale buggies. And i don't mean "scale" rigs like the DBXL-E 2.0 (been there, done that, won't do that again), but basically the XRT with shorter arms, if that makes sense. A basher buggy, but in big. There's the Losi 5b, which is way too much for a basher rig (price, work, "niceness"), there's the Baja which isn't a basher buggy, leaves.. nothing, i'd argue. There's none. At least as far as i know. 

Got the neighbour roped in now as well, our delivery guy's gonna hate us in april - carrying two of them buggers isn't what i'd consider fun (as with any RC delivery, both of us will stand outside drinking coffee and patiently wait for our guy). 

Only thing i'm currently contemplating is whether or not to go with one set of big batteries (9500mah), or two sets of smaller (6500ish) mah packs. Those big packs are like 800g each, maybe not the greatest idea in a chassis slapper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, m4inbrain said:

I find that reasonably odd too, in general. There's barely any large scale buggies. And i don't mean "scale" rigs like the DBXL-E 2.0 (been there, done that, won't do that again), but basically the XRT with shorter arms, if that makes sense. A basher buggy, but in big. There's the Losi 5b, which is way too much for a basher rig (price, work, "niceness"), there's the Baja which isn't a basher buggy, leaves.. nothing, i'd argue. There's none. At least as far as i know. 

Got the neighbour roped in now as well, our delivery guy's gonna hate us in april - carrying two of them buggers isn't what i'd consider fun (as with any RC delivery, both of us will stand outside drinking coffee and patiently wait for our guy). 

Only thing i'm currently contemplating is whether or not to go with one set of big batteries (9500mah), or two sets of smaller (6500ish) mah packs. Those big packs are like 800g each, maybe not the greatest idea in a chassis slapper.

Light is always better imo