• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

9 hours ago, Bajadre said:

tbh tot i only have them if drunk way too greasy for me i enjoy the vinegar salad more haha i dont even have the chilli sauce stuff 😂

The kebab i had hasn't been greasy at all mate

• Like 1

On 16/03/2023 at 18:38, totlxtc said:

Fun fact: I have never had a kebab - ever.

What the actual flipflop - that is totally not a fun fact.

Eh…but what…huh…how…umm nooooo…but cmon….for realsies? Say what now? You…what…hmmm.

I’m so confused.

I don’t know if I should just feel bad for you or ask for your address to have one delivered to you 😁😁

• Haha 2

Actually managed to achieve quite a lot since I last posted in here, lets see:

Completed the mechanism deck, mounted the link mounts, mechanism deck and ladder frame to the rail mounts, upgraded the stabalisers from the stock ones included in the kit both front and rear from soft front hard rear to hard front very hard rear, both front and rear diifs didn't use any of the stock provided parts in the kit but instead hardened locked diffs and race sealed bearings, both front and rear drive shafts again I didn't use the stock one but a hardened steel one instead and sealed race bearings, both front and rear axle housings using sealed race bearings instead of the ones provided in the kit,  front and rear suspension mounts, front and rear coil spring mounts, front and rear uprights using hardened steel axles and again not using the stock bearings from the kit but sealed race bearings instead again, centered and mounted the front and rear steering servos for 4 wheel steering and the front and rear turnbuckles, today I finally managed to get my Flysky GT5 to properly bind with the included Flysky receiver and setup 4 wheel steering - still can't figure out how to get it to bind with the receiver I want to use I can't find a manual for it anywhere if anybody knows how to get my receiver into bind mode I would really appreciate any help, and also updated the firmware on my Hobbywing ESC and played around with settings such as punch, drag break and a few others on my phone via the Hobbywing app and the Hobbywing OTA ESC card.

I'm really starting to make a lot of progress very fast, well for me anyway.   I've not used quite a lot of the stock parts included in the kit and quite a lot of after market upgrades and hop-ups both Tamiya ones and ones by 3rd parties already.  I must say I'm really having a lot of fun building this RC car,  a lot more fun that I ever thought I would, so much so that I'm considering buying another one to build, something like the TT-02Ssrx, TB EVO 8 or Schumacher Atom 3 GT12 s2, basically a rolling chassis that I can get a lot of different body shells for.

• Like 1

@Grogg I can’t seem to find any gt5’s that are compatible with the ant protocol, they all seem to just be flysky afhds or afhds 2a - seems it’s the g7p transmitter that supports the ant so you most likely can’t use that rx you linked unfortunately.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ross9999992 said:

@Grogg I can’t seem to find any gt5’s that are compatible with the ant protocol, they all seem to just be flysky afhds or afhds 2a - seems it’s the g7p transmitter that supports the ant so you most likely can’t use that rx you linked unfortunately.

I'll soon find out, finally managed to get access to a manual, so once I figure out how to access the manual, I'll know how to put the receiver into bind mode, it does say that it ''uses the new AFHDS 2.4GHz ANT frequency technology'' and the Flysky GT5 says it's ''2.4GHz Protocol:       AFHDS 2A''.  The issue I've been having with the receiver is being able to put it into bind mode, it didn't come with a manual and I couldn't find one online, I had to email Absima directly to get hold of a manual, and they sent me a link to a online storsage thingy with what I guess will be a pdf version of the manual

9 minutes ago, Grogg said:

I'll soon find out, finally managed to get access to a manual, so once I figure out how to access the manual, I'll know how to put the receiver into bind mode, it does say that it ''uses the new AFHDS 2.4GHz ANT frequency technology'' and the Flysky GT5 says it's ''2.4GHz Protocol:       AFHDS 2A''.  The issue I've been having with the receiver is being able to put it into bind mode, it didn't come with a manual and I couldn't find one online, I had to email Absima directly to get hold of a manual, and they sent me a link to a online storsage thingy with what I guess will be a pdf version of the manual

Original product page and user manual for this:

https://www.flysky-cn.com/gt5

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5bc852d6b9144934c40d499c/t/5d25b606ea774a0001d8ce73/1562752646884/FS-GT5+User+manual+20180919.pdf

The list of compatible AFHDS 2A receivers should be on the pages here too:

https://www.flysky-cn.com/receivers

https://www.flysky-cn.com/gyroscope-receivers-2

I pretty much always just use the FS-BS6 with my GT5s

19 minutes ago, Grogg said:

They aren't compatible, AFHDS is the original and AFHDS 2A is the newer one. When I got my GT5 I made this error trying to bind an RX that worked off of AFHDS protocol, when I brought one that ran on the AFHDS 2A protocol worked fine. 

For binding, I'd guess that you need a plug bind plug into ch4 as there isn't a spare port for binding. it should have come with a little jump lead. If you are struggling to bind the RX it came with watch this video...

Edited by Alex97

10 minutes ago, Alex97 said:

They aren't compatible, AFHDS is the original and AFHDS 2A is the newer one. When I got my GT5 I made this error trying to bind an RX that worked off of AFHDS protocol, when I brought one that ran on the AFHDS 2A protocol worked fine. 

For binding, I'd guess that you need a plug bind plug into ch4 as there isn't a spare port for binding. it should have come with a little jump lead. If you are struggling to bind the RX it came with watch this video...

I've now got the transmitter to bind with the receiver it came with fine, even got 4 wheel steering all setup, I was just hoping to use the Asbima receiver as it has an internal antenna, so I won't have to put a hole in the body for one, nor have one of those plastic tube sticking out of my RC car.  I have tried putting the jump cable into channel 4 to see if that would put the receiver into binding mode, but that doesn't do anything, and it turns out the link they sent me doesn't doesn't work, ot requires a password to view, witch they didn't give

35 minutes ago, Grogg said:

I've now got the transmitter to bind with the receiver it came with fine, even got 4 wheel steering all setup, I was just hoping to use the Asbima receiver as it has an internal antenna, so I won't have to put a hole in the body for one, nor have one of those plastic tube sticking out of my RC car.  I have tried putting the jump cable into channel 4 to see if that would put the receiver into binding mode, but that doesn't do anything, and it turns out the link they sent me doesn't doesn't work, ot requires a password to view, witch they didn't give

You dont need to put a hole in the body. Add a little heat to the antenna tube and bend it so it fits within the body. Job done.

Obviously do not do it with the antenna in the tube.

Edited by totlxtc

afhds, afhds 2a and afhds ANT - are 3 different protocols...gt5 supports afhds and/or afhds 2a - not ANT 

1 hour ago, Grogg said:

and the Flysky GT5 says it's ''2.4GHz Protocol:       AFHDS 2A

Yours seems to be specifically the 2a variant :good:

Oh and the actual antenna is literally just the last 32~ mm of the wire, the unshielded part - depending on the range you want to drive you may not even need to have that poking out of the rx box - worst case, 35mm antenna tube mounted under the shell vertically for best results...pointing up or down 🙂