• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

46 minutes ago, Shergar said:

So Holmes Hobbies 550 12T in a Scout, lively on the test drive, dare I say too powerful for a scout chassis? To the woods to break it 😂

39024C0E-B3B2-48B7-A602-B1E17737D9E0.thumb.jpeg.bd593a2e0e6d0b1ff16daece91acac26.jpeg

That’s a lot of motor!  

I like  🤘😈

Edited by walkbythesea
  • Like 2

Gave the converted DBXL a rip, partly off-road, partly on-road. Runs like a dream. Motor peaked at 65 Celsius, the 18 tooth pinion seems just peachy for this car. 

• Like 3

Just assembled the front and rear CVA drive shaft kit for the FS racing (Reely freemen) crawler, these were hugely expensive, from Conrad Austria.....2 good reasons for getting them, as i need to replace the gearbox, the shafts are totally stuck on the axle stubs and on one gearbox stub, like seized on solid so i need shafts that will mate to the axle halves, 2nd these just dont fall apart, once on they stay on

FS drive shafts.JPG

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Just assembled the front and rear CVA drive shaft kit for the FS racing (Reely freemen) crawler, these were hugely expensive, from Conrad Austria.....2 good reasons for getting them, as i need to replace the gearbox, the shafts are totally stuck on the axle stubs and on one gearbox stub, like seized on solid so i need shafts that will mate to the axle halves, 2nd these just dont fall apart, once on they stay on

FS drive shafts.JPG

The Element RC driveshafts on my Sendero HD look very similar and they are excellent. 

just be sure to align the CVD’s at either end, I had mine 90 degrees out and it makes the drive judder. 

• Like 2

Got sent to work away and forgot I left the lipo plugged into my truck. Anyway its dead, low voltage warning and it can't be recovered. Where do I take a dead battery? Can't exactly stick it in the wheelie bin

20 minutes ago, BaldyMan said:

Got sent to work away and forgot I left the lipo plugged into my truck. Anyway its dead, low voltage warning and it can't be recovered. Where do I take a dead battery? Can't exactly stick it in the wheelie bin

You can sometimes recover batteries that are below volts, eg my RX lipo went to 0, not enough to even power the lipo doctor.
I was able to connect the battery to a cheap RTR lipo charger for a quick bit to get some volts into it, then connected to a good charger and its back to life.
Maybe this video will be of help.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tug said:

Don't do it, it's knackered. 

If the Voltage is zero, short positive and negative (outside), then when it's sat outside for 24hrs, bin it. 

Thanks, I've done that. I tried to discharge them but they won't play so I took them to the recycling centre. It's been an expensive £90 education as it's 2 batteries I've borked so I'm gonna stick with some cheaper lower capacity models until I've got my brain engaged properly 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yrkoon said:

had to bodge my kronos wing mount as i broke the bottom part where the bottom screws go lastnight lol

heres a vid of the kronos and hyper st going about the quarry 🙂

I need a quarry in my life!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ant.p said:

I need a quarry in my life!!

their doing work on it to make it safer so it is different every time we go up now but it is much more open and smoother than it was 😄

4 minutes ago, walkbythesea said:

Trying some of these to see if they offer a path to less tumblewumble and more choice of wheels - additional 30mm wider track overall

D0BDBFC5-8AD9-44BA-A914-E7D9BD4A98B3.jpeg

Goodluck, i found the outlaw liked to snap the pins with these hub extenders, maybe you will have more luck.

• Like 1