• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Made some stone guards for the front of the chassis on my Rival MT10.  Seems to me that when things get muddy and the front wheels are on lock they will fire all sorts of rubbish straight into the chassis tray and the esc/battery.   Might be me being over cautious but can't hurt to have a bit more protection.

• Like 1

Fitted my new FID servo brace for the 5ive and various similar platforms. 😉

2020-07-23_02-48-59

Quick test in the garden resulted in the rear axle lifting clear off the deck, some tweaking may be needed, but I can do that in the field. 

• Like 2

Rebuilt the Incision shocks on my VS4-10.................again................boy, do they leak 😜

Made two more tube sections to solder onto chass but having a nightmare getting them to stay in place to solder. A big bag of crocodile clips is helping, but I've started unsoldering other bits mucking around with too much heat and so everything is taking longer.

I think after these bits I'll call it done and start working out where the battery is mounting.

So got the 5.9 installed in place of the 7.7, found that the engine sat too low  using the gsr engine mount and the clutch bell gear was catching on the rear brake assembly, made a couple of spacers and that sorted that , finding an exhaust to fit was an issue as it had to fit around the roto start but also clear the shock, ordered a new exhaust but the radius was too big so had to swap over the  manifold  with 1 from another car, have now ran 4 tanks through and so far so good

4AB70356-4ABD-4FAF-872C-DB4EF91DD056.jpeg

E9FEB3FD-7D60-491F-9857-4354AA6E157B.jpeg

150807BD-388F-4B03-8B3A-1F59EA3DACDB.jpeg

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 1