• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

20230725_113605.thumb.jpg.694f4b0b7e4ebf07f304f80e891ed394.jpg

Now there's going to be a brief hiatus while i go on family holidays / get back on top of the credit card bill. 

Then source a couple more bits; paint, servo, battery etc.

Just to ad. I picked the neo fighter because I was looking at retro kits ie grasshopper/hornet. But, decided I'd probably get more enjoyment out of a more modern chassis. So opted for this as it still represents good VFM.

Total cost, Inc postage and vat was £81. Which for a kit including ESC and motor, I felt was pretty good. 

Seller was Myhobby24.de via eBay.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2023 at 20:27, Pistonhead said:

My next money pit 🤣🤣🤣🤣

IMG_7171.jpeg

IMG_7172.jpeg

Oh and it will be! A few years ago I bought a Globeliner, and by the time I'd done with it....electrics, radio,mfc,trailer & lights...not to mention paint & graphics, spent about a grand! And where is it now? Sat on a shelf!! Enjoyed the build though 👌 

• Haha 3

On 29/07/2023 at 21:04, Yorkshireman said:

Oh and it will be! A few years ago I bought a Globeliner, and by the time I'd done with it....electrics, radio,mfc,trailer & lights...not to mention paint & graphics, spent about a grand! And where is it now? Sat on a shelf!! Enjoyed the build though 👌 

I’ll be looking at well over a grand on this by the time i get a trailer built and hooked up lol. 

Mrs looked at me funny when i said this will spend most of its life sat on a shelf 🤣

• Haha 2

Nothing...after 3 months of waiting for two packages from China, Evri finally admitted that they received them in May but they have lost them both.  😠

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Nothing...after 3 months of waiting for two packages from China, Evri finally admitted that they received them in May but they have lost them both.  😠

Looks like rebranding hasnt improved reliability of Evri/Hermes. Often comes down to the final leg where a local driver is used, which means it can be hit or miss.

1 hour ago, locky said:

Looks like rebranding hasnt improved reliability of Evri/Hermes. Often comes down to the final leg where a local driver is used, which means it can be hit or miss.

The packages were fully tracked, crossed China, passed through Chinese customs, arrived to UK and passed through UK customs in 2-3 weeks.  The two packages were sent 11 days apart so were travelling independently.  Then the packages were handed over to Evri for delivery.  They booked them into their warehouse and then...nothing.  No attempted delivery, no contact, nothing.  It is impossible to contact Evri as they only operate bots.  One package was held for 89 days, the other for 78 days.  Eventually I pestered the MD by e-mail and finally got a response today that both parcels are lost and they can do nothing.  I have to contact the senders and ask for my money back.  Clearly Evri had the parcels at one point as the tracking says they received them but to lose both at different times is very bad service.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

Today just one large box a new Element RC Gatekeeper, was looking at getting a new green Ecto but the RTR GK was £100 cheaper and same chassis, this is going to be modified so might start a thread about it, sadly it will make the Black Texan redundant so at some point i will be looking for a new owner for the Texan, the GK will end up a power wagon

new toy.JPG

Look good mate, how does the texan peform on the trails/crawling?

A proline cliffhanger body, ordered from China 6 days ago 👍, some tamiya paint, body scissors, craft knife, small light bar 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Nice mate :good:

Cheers, just got to pluck up the courage to start cutting, drilling and trimming, then painting it and hopefully fitting it to the mauler, lol 

• Haha 1