• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

11 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Popped to the LHS today to find they're closing down. I bought up a few cheapos that had been replaced under warranty, all in need of a little work but not much. Worked out very nicely as I've been after something small and fairly slow I can bash around with the kids 🙂

IMG20211130105547

that is a nice collection mate 🙂 

where is this modelsport? id like to go there too.

13 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

that is a nice collection mate 🙂 

where is this modelsport? id like to go there too.

It's Totem Hobbies in Plymouth but I bought the last of the cars they had left. There were a fair few planes and a couple of helis but I don't know enough about them to put a value on them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, everclear1984 said:

It's Totem Hobbies in Plymouth but I bought the last of the cars they had left. There were a fair few planes and a couple of helis but I don't know enough about them to put a value on them.

just googled plymouth rc shop and thee is 3, cant believe totem is closing down though.

9 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

just googled plymouth rc shop and thee is 3, cant believe totem is closing down though.

Antics comes up as one of the three but in reality they're absolutely useless when it comes to RC. Toy grade junk and static models models are as close as they get.

Jonathan at Nimrif is excellent. Truly passionate about the hobby and always happy to help 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Antics comes up as one of the three but in reality they're absolutely useless when it comes to RC. Toy grade junk and static models models are as close as they get.

Jonathan at Nimrif is excellent. Truly passionate about the hobby and always happy to help 🙂

might check out the nimrif one instead, cheers mate 🙂 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, froggy8 said:

totems going ? man that suck been down there a few times for drone parts kevin was a top bloke me and my mate popped down on a saturday morning once and spent a grand he closed up early haha 🤣 did the wood yard take back over then?

Edited by Bajadre
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

totems going ? man that suck been down there a few times for drone parts kevin was a top bloke me and my mate popped down on a saturday morning once and spent a grand he closed up early haha 🤣 did the wood yard take back over then?

@everclear1984 bought the last stock of cars and told me the shop is closing down. i have no idea what is going to happen next.

the last time i went to a rc shop was maybe when beatties was open 😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bajadre said:

Haha, sounds like you made his day!

The hobby shop moved to Mutley Plain years ago, they have a small shop there and it took over the downstairs of that. You'd never know it was there unless you were specifically looking for it so I guess they didn't do much business 🤷‍♂️

4 wheels and tyres for the outback, cheers  @Andy20xe, just need to lift the body now, lol

A diff for the mauler kindly donated by  @Shergar , suitable donation will be made to charity

20211127-141012.jpg

77714889-2204-4FD3-8C1F-6B7CD0F67A65.thumb.jpeg.ee5e62d915acfaf357a3629f84a20cf2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The postie didn't bring me anything today.  I found something great I wanted to order, super Cyber Monday deal, only 88 GBP for an Orlandoo Hunter full kit...the only problem was the shipping...take a guess...

242 GBP for shipping!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1