• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Postal worker strike hows it affecting your builds

Lone-wolf

seems the postal strikes are really affecting things now, i ordered a servo, ended up getting refund and re ordering from a different supplier, neither have arrived, ordered a 3S balance wire to finish my Li-ion pack for my GT3 TX no sign of it and some other bits like diff locking stuff, most of these items are now well over a week late and still not in transit.

so who else is waiting on items and no sign of them arriving any time soon?

• Like 1

I don’t think that I’ve had any particular delays with anything I’ve ordered recently.  Anything with tracked postage seems to be turning up when it should even if it’s with Royal Mail.

Less confident about the untracked stuff like  letters though. We’d normally have quite a few Christmas cards through from family and friends by this point but have so far only got one.  So suspect this is where things are really falling apart with RM. 

• Like 1

have a few things on way but only spares some props and a spare flight controller i found cheap on BF sale so no hurry for them i ordered some 1500mah 4s lipos but dpd  delivering them today 👍my posties an old school, mate so we chat quite a bit about that and the wage issue 

• Like 2

I've had no issues with anything really. Maybe a couple of things ordered towards the end of the week that I might have got that week usually that are turning up the week after. Most of my RC stuff ends up being sent via courier though.

I've got a few Christmas presents on the way so will see what happens with them.

• Like 2

I’ve mostly been fine.  All the tracked stuff has arrived on time. Had an issue with the Leccy bill though. 
Started getting threatened with debt collectors before it even arrived (10 days late), but as a customer who’s never missed a payment in over 20 years, that says more about how the energy compare changing than it does about strikes.

If it helps the posties win, I can cope with a few late letters/parcels.

2 hours ago, Bajadre said:

stick with it AJ bro ( sorry i get my coat 😂)

Hope you don’t get “ripped off” @.AJ.

Edited by Fat Freddy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fat Freddy said:

If it helps the posties win, I can cope with a few late letters/parcels.

Same here, I really hope everyone being pushed hard enough to go out on strike gets what they want/need now. More than happy to suffer a bit of late post if it helps them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1