• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas at it again

.AJ.

I've only had a quick read and the name they're complaining about isn't even spelt the same? Are they going to sue McDonald's for "Big Macs" because it sounds similar? 🤔

• Like 2

6 hours ago, .AJ. said:

If Traxxas even dare to go after Walkers I’ll be making a trip over to the US personally......

B9-CD50-B5-CD7-C-443-F-8313-5893-D79-E93

god no i love they crisps, i only have 2 traaxas things a really old rustler and a less old bandit xl5 :(

they crisps are good with cider and beer  :(

is it possible for traxass to sue them self?

i wonder if they will sue max dildos.... i just googled that and thanks traxxass...........................no one else google that  :(

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 3

Love it good on you Traxxas you go for it why not protect your company ! Wonder if the boot was on the other foot and you guys where potentially loosing money faith etc if you’d be so willing to bitch and moan. 

Makes me giggle you all moan about a law suit and want to start a campaign against them for that but the one thing that would help every rc user BETTER Quailty Control no ones bothered as it’s not this company it’s that one but truth be told there all at it ! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mydoddy69 said:

Love it good on you Traxxas you go for it why not protect your company ! Wonder if the boot was on the other foot and you guys where potentially loosing money faith etc if you’d be so willing to bitch and moan. 

Makes me giggle you all moan about a law suit and want to start a campaign against them for that but the one thing that would help every rc user BETTER Quailty Control no ones bothered as it’s not this company it’s that one but truth be told there all at it ! 

Its all good though matey more people talk about them the more publicity they get no wonder there number one in rc haha any leading brand in any sector will protect what they've trademarked tbf  i doubt there gonna bother with any brands outside of rc lol

Traxxas are based in McKinney, in the East of Texas. East Texas is the world epicentre of patent trolling.

Patent trolling is basically looking at loads of things that people already make or do and then taking a patent out on them, suing said people for infringing your patent and then taking them to court (in East Texas) for a payout.

Traxxas patents things other RC companies have already invented then sues them to stop using them and for compensation.

People have patented the process of "Connecting to WiFi" and "putting your App on the Google Play Store" and successfully sued companies/individuals who are infringing their patents. In East Texas Court districts. It's cheaper for the defendant to settle than to fight it in court.

I know, it sounds ridiculous but it happens. In East Texas.

Sent from my MIX2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, namastebuzz said:

Traxxas are based in McKinney, in the East of Texas. East Texas is the world epicentre of patent trolling.

Patent trolling is basically looking at loads of things that people already make or do and then taking a patent out on them, suing said people for infringing your patent and then taking them to court (in East Texas) for a payout.

Traxxas patents things other RC companies have already invented then sues them to stop using them and for compensation.

People have patented the process of "Connecting to WiFi" and "putting your App on the Google Play Store" and successfully sued companies/individuals who are infringing their patents. In East Texas Court districts. It's cheaper for the defendant to settle than to fight it in court.

I know, it sounds ridiculous but it happens. In East Texas.

There’s a real simple answer here patent your products so others can’t  👍

There’s a real simple answer here patent your products so others can’t  [emoji106]
It's not that simple. It's a long, costly process to take out a patent. The trollers are usually lawyers themselves or big enough companies to buy their own lawyers. Plus they need to be based in a district where the courts are favourable to patent trolling. East Texas.

Smaller RC companies that come up with a smart idea don't usually patent it due to the high cost and the limited market it'll be sold in. If competitors copy it then it just proves what a great idea it was. This was fine until Traxxas came along and started patenting things other people had invented then enforcing those patents.

Their modus operandi would only have succeeded in one place. East Texas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, namastebuzz said:

It's not that simple. It's a long, costly process to take out a patent. The trollers are usually lawyers themselves or big enough companies to buy their own lawyers. Plus they need to be based in a district where the courts are favourable to patent trolling. East Texas.

Smaller RC companies that come up with a smart idea don't usually patent it due to the high cost and the limited market it'll be sold in. If competitors copy it then it just proves what a great idea it was. This was fine until Traxxas came along and started patenting things other people had invented then enforcing those patents.

Their modus operandi would only have succeeded in one place. East Texas.

Patents are just tools for big businesses to use outside powers to crush their competition. bad for consumers and market competition all round.  Its one of the main reasons why china can get ahead making all these cheap clones.  

1 hour ago, Jumper said:

Patents are just tools for big businesses to use outside powers to crush their competition. bad for consumers and market competition all round.  Its one of the main reasons why china can get ahead making all these cheap clones.  

Have to disagree a little bit. Patents are there to protect intellectual property, to encourage innovation and help protect something unique from being ripped off by everyone. Now, the fact that the US patent system has been corrupted is the issue, basically, a patent should nurture invention not stifle it. The US patent office  has become so  lazy their approach is, 'we'll approve everything and let the courts sort it out', leading to the situation where a company can patent old technology they didn't invent, without the patent office checking for "prior art". Don't blame patents, they encourage innovation, blame a corrupt and broken patent system.

2 hours ago, CarlC said:

Have to disagree a little bit. Patents are there to protect intellectual property, to encourage innovation and help protect something unique from being ripped off by everyone. Now, the fact that the US patent system has been corrupted is the issue, basically, a patent should nurture invention not stifle it. The US patent office  has become so  lazy their approach is, 'we'll approve everything and let the courts sort it out', leading to the situation where a company can patent old technology they didn't invent, without the patent office checking for "prior art". Don't blame patents, they encourage innovation, blame a corrupt and broken patent system.

If you actually do some research into it though, it does the exact opposite of what it was made to do, which by the sound of it you already know.  It never has done even before it was corrupted. It stops innovation. Its overall a net negative. and so should be stopped and discouraged.  Its is a myth that nobody would invent anything if it could be copied, as many many many many things were invented before patent laws ever existed. All the patent law does it stop anyone making a better similar product or the same product at a low price, which is worse for the consumer. It just a monopoly protection for big business and a great way for the governments, lawyers and big businesses to collect money. 

I'm not even convinced that an idea can be property at all as to people can come up with the same idea at the same time having put in a lot or little effort to make it. Now if it was stolen drawing, or they broke into the business to steal the idea and copy it exactly, then thats fine they should be sued and done for theft.  

• Like 2

On 15/08/2020 at 11:29, mydoddy69 said:

There’s a real simple answer here patent your products so others can’t

If this your defence for Traxxas then it's way off an naive, Under this criteria the Revo would have never seen the light of day, And Schumacher would be the only ones running the ball diff, Also under this criteria Traxxas wouldn't have a Patent to there name having never coming up with any original ideas of there own.

On 15/08/2020 at 11:29, mydoddy69 said:

There’s a real simple answer here patent your products so others can’t  👍

Its patent trolling to prevent competition. It's anti competitive. Traxxas hasn't invented anything they've patented either. It's bad for us, the customer or do you think monopolies are a good thing?