• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

LOCKDOWN - is taking your RC out exercising?

AndyBell

1 hour ago, BashingBrian said:

What about if you walk to your desired bash spot and it's in the middle of nowhere with no people around..??

Can that be classed as exercise ?? 

Try running behind it, then it will. :lol:

Edited by Mack1
  • Haha 1

If covid19?don’t get you, apparently 5G I’ll fry us, ducks falling out of the sky, body’s proteins being altered it’s turning big a right **** storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the messaging is quite incomplete on this - I agree staying safe seems from a logical perspective to practice social distancing ... been out with the boy and the missus for a long walk (exercise) and the amount of people being out and about and adhering to the 2m distance is interesting to see - though plenty of plebs who dont seem to care.

wrt to taking the car out - I am fortunate that I got a enclosed car park big enough to run a 1/7scale even but I rather go to a field and run it there - I do understand the point of others may do the same but back in the old days where transmitters could cause interference or most flying clubs  have spaced out stations anyway 

I heard a nurse the other day stating one shouldn't even go into his garden - it was news to me as to the current understand covid-19 is not airborne 

its also interesting to see the amount of people "exercising" or just out and about to avoid the cabin fever - I'd say there are options to make it happen and even safely but too many fools just spoiling it so a blanket ban is easier to articulate but surely also difficult to enforce - I haven't seen police in our area for quite a long while 

its a tricky one but I rather take the car out than not getting out of the house at all - with all the by-laws in place councils are pushing us out of highly congested areas anyway ... so from a health and safety standpoint of view this is surely much safer than going going shopping, accepting deliveries or post etc just me 5p 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jus reviving this thread,

Seems to me from the new guidlines we should be OK to get out an about now so long as social distancing is observed.  I've seen folk out doing all sorts of stuff so once my new motor mount, bearings and other bit's and bobs are fitted I'll be all over it! 

8 minutes ago, AndyBell said:

Jus reviving this thread,

Seems to me from the new guidlines we should be OK to get out an about now so long as social distancing is observed.  I've seen folk out doing all sorts of stuff so once my new motor mount, bearings and other bit's and bobs are fitted I'll be all over it! 

thats also my understanding now it should really be fine if you adhere to social distancing - prepping out my Xmaxx hopefully ready be the end of the week if all upgrades get here in time - fingers crossed ...

1 hour ago, AndyBell said:

Seems to me from the new guidlines we should be OK to get out an about now so long as social distancing is observed.

As a blanket statement, this is incorrect. This is only for England. Since this forum covers the entire UK, that should be pointed out. 

2 minutes ago, m4inbrain said:

As a blanket statement, this is incorrect. This is only for England. Since this forum covers the entire UK, that should be pointed out. 

minor differences to other countries within the UK yes :) England should be fine - I think the forum covers more than the UK

Edited by r4nd0m

You mean we’ve not been allowed out once a day to take the RC for a walk.

Oh dear I got that rule wrong [emoji52] sorry Government.

Anyway depends on how plod view it gazing over the golf course this morning watching a guy with a 8 iron chipping the ball the Police chopper comes racing in circles the guy then races off. Bet he’s on crime watch.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...

This is complicated, if you have a YouTube channel using footage from RC vehicles, is this then the same as going to work with exercise.

And when is a bike exercise or fun, is it then same as  playing with toys, the same as a RC car or plane .

Being alone in a large field with a RC car does not sound high risk.

Government 100% clear as mud  

On 25/03/2020 at 07:58, everclear1984 said:

Police doing random stops here. I can't see "taking my rc car out for a play" being a valid reason to be out.

But, if you say I am going to do my daily exercise and I don't feel comfortable walking in the street so I am driving to a secluded privately owned piece of land.

Then what?

My feeling is, the rules keep changing and often don't make much sense "don't go out, but go out to exercise"

Also much like @Mack1 - I work up to 15 hours in a shift sometimes and I can't go into detail but I do a semi-important job.

Sometimes you need to get out of the house.

I don't come into contact with anyone.

The law is pretty clear - copy & pasted from the Gov website

If you do leave home for a permitted reason, you should always stay local - unless it is necessary to go further, for example to go to work. Stay local means stay in the village, town, or part of the city where you live.

Also...

You cannot leave home for recreational or leisure purposes (such as for a picnic or a social meeting).

Stay Home means exactly that - Stay Home.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home

• Like 2

If you're going for a walk that's within walking distance of your home, then taking a car with you is not manipulating the rules, it's sensible. 

Driving to your favourite bash spot is flagrantly disregarding the rules. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

If you're going for a walk that's within walking distance of your home, then taking a car with you is not manipulating the rules, it's sensible. 

Driving to your favourite bash spot is flagrantly disregarding the rules. 

BRB buying a Crawler

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic"."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

If you need to take the car to get to the excersise its to far.

Edited by Redback

3 hours ago, Redback said:

"Two women have described how they were surrounded by police, read their rights and fined £200 each after driving five miles to take a walk.

The women were also told the hot drinks they had brought along were not allowed as they were "classed as a picnic"."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55560814

If you need to take the car to get to the excersise its to far.

Redback is bag on

How about this, They come out there front door, And instead of getting in the car and driving 5 miles to get out the car and walk, They come out there front door, Walk a few miles in one direction, Then turn around and walk a few miles back, Job done.

Some people just leave me scratching my head sometimes, I live by the beach, I've seem plenty of people who live as close as me drive to the beach to have a walk and then drive home, WHY, Just walk to the flaming beach will ya.

I get that the rules don't make sense and they keep changing, So you have two options, You go above and beyond and do all you can the best you can and put up with a little inconvenience for a time , You go to work, You come home, You go for a walk, You come home, Pop to shops for food, You come home, No one can ask more.

Or, You go to work, You come home, You then think of all the ways you can carry on doing all the things you want to do by looking for loopholes,

.The line that keeps popping up is that 'I'm standing in an empty field', So can we all come and stand in that empty field, Or is it just for you, It's just your empty field is it to stand in, Get out of my empty field, Cos if you come in, It won't be empty anymore and I might not be able to play with my toy car, This is why it's right that no one stands in that empty field with there toy car, Cos if you have the right, So do we all, And at his moment in time, It's wrong.

And just to add, There has been a Major Incident in London for the last 4 years, Sadig Khan, Bloke is a plank. 

Edited by babylon
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, babylon said:

Redback is bag on

How about this, They come out there front door, And instead of getting in the car and driving 5 miles to get out the car and walk, They come out there front door, Walk a few miles in one direction, Then turn around and walk a few miles back, Job done.

Some people just leave me scratching my head sometimes, I live by the beach, I've seem plenty of people who live as close as me drive to the beach to have a walk and then drive home, WHY, Just walk to the flaming beach will ya.

I get that the rules don't make sense and they keep changing, So you have two options, You go above and beyond and do all you can the best you can and put up with a little inconvenience for a time , You go to work, You come home, You go for a walk, You come home, Pop to shops for food, You come home, No one can ask more.

Or, You go to work, You come home, You then think of all the ways you can carry on doing all the things you want to do by looking for loopholes,

.The line that keeps popping up is that 'I'm standing in an empty field', So can we all come and stand in that empty field, Or is it just for you, It's just your empty field is it to stand in, Get out of my empty field, Cos if you come in, It won't be empty anymore and I might not be able to play with my toy car, This is why it's right that no one stands in that empty field with there toy car, Cos if you have the right, So do we all, And at his moment in time, It's wrong.

And just to add, There has been a Major Incident in London for the last 4 years, Sadig Khan, Bloke is a plank. 

Forget the pandemic, imagine that doesn't exist. Then it's the same with gyms. Don't pay fifty quid to go use a running machine, just run to the gym and home again. Save yourself fifty quid. 

• Haha 2

Fair enough, it's the rules/law etc etc... I still can't work out what logical actual difference it makes getting in your car and driving AWAY from other people as long as you stay local (which if you aren't in contact with anyone else doesn't matter anyway?)

They are in a panic now and have not got the foggiest idea of what to do.

Going to work and meeting people is no different than going out and preferring to jump in your car and go to a secluded spot so you purposely DON'T meet anyone else.

Walking down the street for exercise, rubbing shoulders with strangers on the pavement isn't doing anyone any favours.

In my job I meet hundreds of people on a daily basis, that is far more dangerous to all involved if I am also bumping into strangers in the street (not literally, but lets be honest, the pavements aren't 2m wide!)

Not to mention, what do they expect to achieve, even if they said nobody is going to work apart from farmers and people delivering food and water, people are still meeting, passing items to each other etc etc... It ISN'T going to disappear, locking everything down just prolongs it, because when everyone is allowed back out the exact same thing is going to happen again, there's no way they will 'cure' it, they are making too much money on face masks and hand sanitiser.

I shall remain thinking logically and keeping myself and my family safe and making sure I don't come into contact with anyone outside of my workplace essential group.

Stay safe folks :) 

• Like 2

From what I read elsewhere, it's about putting pressure on the police/hospital resources when you go for a drive and gets involved in a serious RTC. And you being taken to a very busy, overfilled hospital of COVID-19 patients.

The are trying to reduce this which is why they're issuing out an Stay Home and *only* go out for essential travel. And to stay local for exercises. 

RC is part of recreation and that's banned during this National Lockdown.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tug said:

Forget the pandemic, imagine that doesn't exist. Then it's the same with gyms. Don't pay fifty quid to go use a running machine, just run to the gym and home again. Save yourself fifty quid. 

Your get no argument from me, We have one of them national gyms on a trading estate next to Iceland and all that, The amount of people that pay membership, Drive their and run on a running machine, I just don't get it.

• Like 2