• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

If you could have three RCs back, which would they be?

Oh How Original

This doesn't apply to you chaps who can afford any amount of RCs you want anyway or with massive collections.

I was just sat thinking and looking through old pictures of my rather large list of RCs and do kinda regret selling some of them.

If you could have any 3 back that you sold, which would they be and why? Post some pictures below if you still have any, just one per RC, you don't need to go overboard.

Mine would be my Yeti XL, because it was just an awesome basher, fast, tough, reliable and big.

I'd have the RC4WD Gelande II D110 back, because I spent so much time rebuilding the smashed to pieces bodyshell, getting the most realistic suspension set up, wheel and tyre choice was perfect for a 1:1 look and I never even actually drove it in anger.

My Axial based CPE Barbarian mud truck, that thing was just nuts, I wish I'd put more effort into the layout and look and really wish I'd kept it now.

21bqghz.jpg

25svncz.jpg

x1wwap.jpg

I'd say my tamiya Baja champ as it was my first proper RC car and I got rid of it because it was "broken" which I know realise was a simple fix.

My Baja because I bought it stripped it down to every nut and bolt upgraded loads of stuff then used it twice and sold it for about £300 less than I'd spent on it... Really should have brushless converted it and I would still be using it probably.

Maybe my rustler as I ruined it by making it waaaay to fast and before that it was actually really good.

14 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

You still own those don't you?

Sorry, my bad, i did not clock the full title, i would like my mudblaster Tamiya back as i really enjoyed that truck, the Kyosho rs 500 tricked out cosworth was good, but would not have the ic car back at all, wont ever have a fuel powered car or model ever again

The Losi 8ight 2.0 EU which I bought new and converted to brushless, only used a handful of times and really regret selling it.

Part of me would like the Contrast Q15 I had back as I really enjoyed racing it few times I had the chance. 

vyXUhQU.jpg

And the Losi 5ive B that I still feel with a few little mods and some time on getting the set up right I would have been fighting with the big boys in the A finals at the Nationals. 

V8IG9Rw.jpg

• Like 1

I did regret selling my grave digger 30th anniversary edition.  But I needed to, to buy another truck.

I thought I would never ever see it again.

But if you read my story in the grave digger missing thread. 

I got it back. 

But when I did sell it, I wish I didn't at that time. 

• Like 1

AYK Bobcat, first RC in the 80's. Cost £50 back then.

Tamiya Falcon, first Tamiya in the 80's.

Mardave Meteor. Bought 2 of these in the early 2000's on ebay for around £50. Stripped them down and built one minter. Sold it for £37 on ebay :doh:

Not sold many, but do miss my Summit, only sold it because I was bashing with guys that only ran bonkers fast buggys, the Summit just didn't fit. However, it was a great all-rounder that was perfect for trail-walking through woods etc. 

GV Cage, for its price, it was a fantastic basher buggy. 4wd, brushless, cheap parts. The parts were a little thin on the ground, but were out there. Handled quite well, plenty fast enough. Tight squeeze in terms of fitting six cells in, but 5S was fast enough anyway. 

Just the two for me. I enjoyed the Slash 4x4, but wouldn't have another, too many weaknesses to fix. Besides, I've now got a Senton to fill that gap. 

If I could only have 3 RCs ...hmm.....

1) My twin engined Savage truck. Still have it...won't sell it.

2) My Kyosho Madforce. Currently brushless, buit I still have all the bits to make it nitro again. Rare alloy axle tubes and modded steering servo mount. Won't sell that one either.

3) I would love to have my old Thunder Tiger ST1 back. Never should have sold it.....Perfectly balanced RC

I'd like my old " fire fox " back. The tamiya rough rider, I'd widen the front suspension so it don't roll over at 5 mph. & the losi micro dominator.  I could back flip it over the coffee table ?

On 10/11/2018 at 21:11, turok007 said:

yeti xl   a losi 8ight & TT mt4g3

The 8ight we traded? 

My list would be.. 

My thunder revo 3.3 so i could take off all the good stuff i put on and put it onto a smaller revo 2.5R that would be my dream nitro rc. With its picco engine. 

20130612_020423_zpsmjfpyu0x.jpg

2nd. 

My FG 26cc marder i feel like i made that upto a great spec with most must have alloy upgrades. It flew honestly it was nearly nitro responsive but flat out was a right show. Bumps made it wheelie abit it looked awesome and im sure it was over 40mph. I wanna say 50. It really feels like it was as fast as my 3s slash full speed. 

20130605_185858_zpshap6smww.jpg

3rd. Idk probably the slash 2wd i built up from a roller and did my first body shell which i was really chuffed with lol. Loosly copied the std paint scheme then added my own monster energy vynal stickers. Later on saw a truck just like it i placed the stickers in the right places without seeing it. Most stickers. Proline must have used it but not the monster logos. I thought that was awesome. Plus i made the front lights with tamiya R35 rear light buckets. I just brought two packs of those light buckets to try again. Shown in my profile pic. Proline flotec SC body.

IMAG1529_zps5dm0pamq.jpg

(China seller on ebay is selling lots of tamiya light buckets for £3.50 i think they are fake though but look and feel just as good) 

Great thread idea mate it was cool looking through the pics and especially going through my own in hope of finding the FG. Ide most like to redo the FG but the parts support will be worse now i bet. But living off rollers might be cheap enough now. Catch 22. I wish FG came back above ground. The other build im doing. I had both revos and loved the short chassis one the most for its lunacy. The 3.3 sized one was stable and true not so fun. So now i have a BL Swb MT/TR ive wanted since 2013 comparing the revo's. 

Edited by RCbutcher