• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone Else RC Alone?

RegisteredUser

In the four years I've been into RC, about 90% of the time, I've RC'd by myself. I've probably seen one person with an RC car on two occasions. I've seen a few people with planes and drones and I've flown with them. But most of the time I'm by myself. I have to say that at times, it's not really fun. Now I wonder.. "Is this common? Do we all tend to enjoy this hobby alone?"

So guys how do you enjoy the hobby? Alone? With friends? With family? If you are alone, does ever make you feel like selling up?

Apart from racing on Monday nights I do all my Rc’ing alone even on the Mondays I tend to stay to my self. Tho have quite bad social anxiety plus other problems that probably don’t help. 

Edit, un less a dog counts he comes out with me most times. 

Edited by Rustypeb

90% of the time I go out by myself, I normally go out early Saturday or Sunday morning, I can then go to local bmx tracks or skate parks without getting hassle from the local idiots 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nearly all the time I rc alone apart from when I go slope soaring at Butser Hill, but even then I am with older people and I still feel outside of 'their' group if you know what I mean.
With my cars I am always alone and I don't in that at all, only got myself to blame for my own mistakes that way.
I would love to visit some of the local bmx tracks but i only get 'interference' from the local population, if you know what I mean?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

90% of the time I go out by myself, I normally go out early Saturday or Sunday morning, I can then go to local bmx tracks or skate parks without getting hassle from the local idiots 

Yeah would love to get to a bmx track think there is one local to me really want to take my 1/8th nitro there just always find a way off talking myself out off going  :/ 

A mixture but most of the time I go with my son. Also go out with my  brother every now and then and I'm not afraid to go on my own. Sometimes I get grief but I'm too old to take any notice of them

Mostly alone, but that's mostly due to not having time to organise meets. Hopefully we'll get back to the quarry soon, but that's tricky because you've got to get lucky with the weather and whether other people are free at the same time. 

Apart from occasional short test runs in the street, I never RC alone. Bashing is always done with my wife and sometimes nephews too, while racing is with workmates over lunch or at the not-so-local club when my shifts allow it. 

I probably do 90% alone, a bit like the others have said I go out early avoiding idiots, I would love to go with a group, I used to go with the old man but he doesn't have a car anymore.

My quad I'm still learning on so it's good to go out early with nobody about, it's also very peaceful!

Anyway I've now joined a club and plan on racing every Friday, they are a good bunch of people and I seem to fit in :)

Sent from my TA-1033 using Tapatalk

I tend to drive my truggy alone but my crawler with my son. 

There are several local bmx tracks which are usually pretty good fun but I tend to leave as soon as someone shows up. I never get grief but I just don’t want to be driving the truggy around people. It’s too fast and heavy to risk someone getting in front of it. 

I go mostly alone. I manage to RC pretty much on a weekly basis but it's always spontaneous when I get a free hour in a day - not enough time to plan a meet :( 

Thanks for the responses guys. It looks like almost all of us RC alone most of the time. I also try to get out early to avoid people. I often wonder what people around me think of me bashing in the park. I don't like any attention. With that said, I'd really like to enjoy the hobby with others. I'm sure we all would.

I always go solo unless our little un comes with me. There's no rcers round me. There's some good bashing spots on the nearby Malvern hills.  & no one moans about the RCs up there either :D

i go alone due to the fact that i don't have transport and there is some abandoned/unused land near me and don't see anybody else out there would like to have a bash partner though for the odd outing, i now live near centre of chesterfield

1 hour ago, RadioFish said:

i go alone due to the fact that i don't have transport and there is some abandoned/unused land near me and don't see anybody else out there would like to have a bash partner though for the odd outing, i now live near centre of chesterfield

Your not that far from me and Big Gaz, and prob a fair few others.  Time is king for me working in education, but come the (hopefully) warm dryer summer months I tend to have a lot spare...

I was a lone wolf for many years....

I work at night though so that doesn't help.

Thankfully I now enjoy it with the kids on weekends and holidays, but still enjoy some daytime RC with wifey on the regular, and the obligatory 'on the way home stop off at 6am quick solo bash'

It's apparent most land based RC enthusiasts enjoy it alone too! Hardly surprising as everyone's lives are so hectic it comes down to fitting it in whenever you can!!!

The silver foxes seem to enjoy the RC plane meets together...I'm assuming as they're usually retired (lots of time between clogging up the local gp waiting room, wandering round Dunelm like zombies & planning their next coach trip holiday you see.....) :yahoo:

The silver foxes seem to enjoy the RC plane meets together...I'm assuming as they're usually retired (lots of time between clogging up the local gp waiting room, wandering round Dunelm like zombies & planning their next coach trip holiday you see.....) :yahoo:

They haunt Sainsbury's down my way.
  • Haha 1