• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

7 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

How was the fit on that? I have heard a few people complain that the body was a bit small. Looks great by the way! :thumbsup:

Thanks, yeah pleased the way it came out. 

I found the fitment of the mounting kit etc no problem at all. 

Ive got an original raptor body and I actually prefer the fitment of this as the body hugs the sides better and also the body stays on a lot better with this as well (helped with the way I drilled and put on the mounts) it feels nice and snug when I turn the knob to lock the body on. Win win really and no more broken bodies!

Edited by scoobied77

Thank god we are all different !!, posted the same vid on another forum and had very positive feedback !!.:D

i agree  there is a similarity to the UK milk float, but the shell is decent copy of an American Snap On van.

Casually browsing, I'd passed the photo, but retention made me look again - REALLY? !!

Had to laugh!

I LIKE THE VAN - Looks great (normal one of course - couldn't take the other anywhere without getting every politcally correct man and his dog chasing it down!!)

There is this, of course:

Image result for ice cream man monster truck

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Haha 1

Proline upgrades for the x maxx adds little value to be honest, the body is still as weak as the stock one and needs shoe goo and drywall tape and washers around the cage screws, the tires weight almost the double of the stock ones and the shocks I don't know so much about. The x maxx is too big and expensive to be modded like 1/10 and 1/8 trucks with bling bling. I use proline stuff myself but they are overpriced for the quality you get, both bodies and wheels are as weak as stock stuff.

I just wish they would sell the x maxx as a roller so you could add you own electronics because right now the electronics suck on the x maxx 8s.

And that snapon body is also stupid, it is not functional for bashing and traxxas throws too much money and advertising and non-value adding activities. A good product can self advertise if it is state of the art but traxxas is still stuck in the 80s idea of expensive and offensive advertising.

Edited by tt3az

I am in the USA Xmaxx owners FB group. And it is cringeworthy how they bling their trucks up !. I posted a pic of my plane back indestructible bodied, covered in mud Xmaxx and got messages from several yanks that " I showed a lack of care for the truck and they would never do that" WTF ! 

They rave and sell kidneys to get the Snap On versions.. the van is just plain stupid and Snap On must be laughing all the way to the bank with the advertising.

You can always tell an American...... they just won't listen to you. !!!

I rest my case.

fullsizeoutput_14b5.thumb.jpeg.66e65a7f07cbe02fba5325f1e8da2a20.jpeg27973766_1548260045211284_6490435689096385102_n.jpg.a77dbc7e52380741a31321c38e73504a.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So i need to make a decision and need help.

I have a 6s v1 just for bashing. 

And want to possibly turn it into an 8s.

Whats the best route to achieve this?

I can get a power up 8s kit with said £200 cash back. Or is this a complete waste of £388. 

Or.

Buy a hobbywing max 6. But what about the rest of the truck ie drive train?

Or 

Sell v1 and put the £388 towards a new 8s. 

I also want rid of this slipper clutch, fyi.

Any help appreciated.