• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

XMAXX owners thread!

Ocdcbr

hi all!...we have finally got our xmaxxes! hhoooooooorrrrraaayyyyyy!:thumbsup:

Manual

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/77076-4-OM-EN-R02.pdf

Parts list 

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/77076-4_parts.pdf

its been hard going actually getting it!...vid here from me discussing the rigmarole

pic of me box!....

IMG_4621_zpsge9mz0rd.jpg

vids and op to come!

un-boxing...

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 2

nope!.... bloody floureons!... not been used at all.... checked them when i get them 2-3 weeks ago?..not sure tbh and they were at 3.8v all cells... now they r both making my charger beep with too low a voltage to charge!... but them on nimh to get some juice in.... now on balance!....waiting...:boredlook:

IMG_4637_zpsvknfdg2u.jpg

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 1

I won't be running mine today, waiting on a few more connectors so hopefully tommorow I'll get a running vid. 

Im impressed overall with the truck, the quality is great, the way the shock towers and everything is built into one make it feel very strong and sturdy. There's sideplates/nerf bars down the sides which stick out further than the body and the way the bumpers/supports are built seems very well thought out to disperse any impact. Truck seems very well though out from a bashing perspective and looks like it could take beating. I really like the quick release body too, what a great idea. 

A few bad points for me are the shock shafts, I feel like if I look at one for too long it will break, there so skinny, the steering arms are also very flimsy looking lengths of plastic, seem flexible however so they should take an impact. I'd of just prefered some adjustable tie rods. The layout seems abit of a pain to work on around the slipper/servo at either end but I'll see how it comes apart later on. Also the 3 wires from the motor run over the top of the esc and cover part of the vents which is annoying. There's abit of conductor showing on the motor wires too. The heatsink sits slightly off the motor as the temp sensor is wedges underneath doesn't seem ideal. 

Heres as a few quick snaps I'll get more detailed pics later on when I hopefully get chance to strip it down abit. 

845E3021-3BB7-437B-A4CB-8E2E6C6AC7BF_zps

23148C20-1C5A-44F7-836A-E14E771857E4_zps

E3E3AEF3-2EF9-4B0A-A720-A5A1179B0853_zps

3C71B37A-3104-49AD-824E-E67F54FF618B_zps

7D48AE30-13EF-47E7-8370-F38B7C7FBEDB_zps

773F3DF9-30BE-4A3F-B85E-6D39C48A38EE_zps

1 hour ago, everclear1984 said:

Why am I following this thread? I very much doubt I'll ever own an xmaxx (purely down to lack of funds).

Because like all of us, you want to know hard facts and the truth......

Considering how long owners have had to prepare for today, a massive amount of Fail is going on....:P

• Like 1

IMG_4643_zpsf42ggszm.jpg

these hubs look somehow a bit weak to me.....the plastic is very rigid of course...time and use will tell of course and hopefully rpm will come in with arms/hubs/bumpers,wheelie bar....the usual.

i like all the captured pins....i'm not a fan of circlips!

IMG_4644_zpsdxfnqd2i.jpg

like others have said, its huge in the flesh....and though shorter than a 5t its big....big enough imo.

IMG_4635_zpsi9x7yhny.jpg

The body latching sytem i really like too...very simple and effective....no more lost pins! It remains to be seen how durable it will end up being. I am definitely up for an interesting body from proline when they come out.....surely they must!

Edited by Ocdcbr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocdcbr said:

nope!.... bloody floureons!... not been used at all.... checked them when i get them 2-3 weeks ago?..not sure tbh and they were at 3.8v all cells... now they r both making my charger beep with too low a voltage to charge!... but them on nimh to get some juice in.... now on balance!....waiting...:boredlook:

IMG_4637_zpsvknfdg2u.jpg

Aj had his balancing for a few hours :( apparently they get better in time but there's loads of reports of them being good and bad dropping cells and so on guess that's why there cheap ? 

If you not got any that fit pop over I'm sure I got some  then I can have a sneaky close up :) 

• Like 2

Floureon's - mine have got better with age to be honest - for the first 10 cycles or so they always came off hugely unbalanced (even with good esc's), after that they bedded in nicely.  So much so I've just acquired 2x3S 5500's for the Hyper MTe - will be my first foray into 6s territory.

Love the pic, kinda like my MTe with the emb micro sat in front.  I wonder how it'd look with my emb MT sat in front of the X.

• Like 2

So mine has arrived and here it is.

Notes so far. Handle well on tarmac car park.

8000mah batteries are a tight squeeze in to battery box - may struggle to get them in once they have swelled a bit with age.

Fills the boot of a Mondeo!

IMG_2817_zpsiaskntbz.jpg

Its Big! (that's what she said!)

IMG_2818_zpszllnjume.jpg

Found it a place for it to sleep till the weekend!

ceebe185-4b91-426c-ad68-cb9b053530e1_zps

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rushboy2004 said:

So mine has arrived and here it is.

Notes so far. Handle well on tarmac car park.

8000mah batteries are a tight squeeze in to battery box - may struggle to get them in once they have swelled a bit with age.

Fills the boot of a Mondeo!

IMG_2817_zpsiaskntbz.jpg

Its Big! (that's what she said!)

IMG_2818_zpszllnjume.jpg

Found it a place for it to sleep till the weekend!

ceebe185-4b91-426c-ad68-cb9b053530e1_zps

I`d b getting them tyres off the deck.....put it on sumin if I where u....:yes: