• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

50 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Ouch mate dont you use a sprue cutter/flush cutters ?

Yup, usually but was just cleaning the edge off one that had snapped almost flush in the packaging and as I’d been cutting decals grabbed the scalpel!

On 09/01/2022 at 08:11, Jack Reacher said:

Not to the model but for the model,

I am trying to build my FB group and Yt channel, so i figured a set of crawler gates might go some way to a, help the channel and group, b, it will be nice to run a set out course rather than aimless driving, i looked for gates but did not find much, so took to making them.

Here we have large plant pot markers and some bamboo skewers hot glued to them, i ordered some red number stickers from ebay, total cost is about £6.50 as i had the bamboo and the gorilla tape, i have done 1-12 in pairs so far but could add another 4 pairs, but the spares i might do as arrows, im happy how they turned out 

gates.JPG

Subbed the YouTube channel👍

• Like 1

22 hours ago, walkbythesea said:

Built it.

It’s been on my to do list for almost a year and a covid enforced stay at home has given me the time to get it done. 

FDB5E9A1-3742-46B6-8D91-2EC76A2B0307.thumb.jpeg.be2f348d4ab14309236f1ad1d31b88f1.jpeg

Didn’t plan ahead enough to buy paint though so it’s in ghost mode until I can make a decision and get some ordered

What body is that if you don't mind me asking? (brand etc)

1 hour ago, mch87 said:

What body is that if you don't mind me asking? (brand etc)

Carisma 1981 Range Rover deluxe kit, the original version but with aftermarket wheels. 

This is the shell kit if you already have a 285mm wheelbase chassis. 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/carisma-scale-adventure-sca-1e-1981-range-rover-clear-bodyshell-set-438955

• Like 1

Not sure if this will work but attempting a bodge fix on a broken centre shaft.  Pin doesn't go all the way through but hopefully with some epoxy I will have enough torsional strength!  Replacement is £10.99 but thought I would try this approach first. 

20220115_113938.jpg

• Like 2

Discovering that HPI seem to be making some "interesting" choices. Thought I'd dig around in the gearbox of my Savage and found screw threads striped, mismatched or very poor quality hardware and 2 different greases in the gearbox.

Bear in mind this is the new "updated" savage that I've only put around 6 tanks through so not even properly broken in 🙄🤯

kBuNYoH.jpg

Kind of scared about what I might find in the diffs 😨

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2