• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

33 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Nitro is the way forward man! I'm mainly Nitro too! Wish I never sold my Hyper ST though!

I have run petrol and nitro cars for years now and this year i have gotten into electric with lipo batteries and i am quite impressed with mine, that being said there isint the noise and smell which i really liked, but having electric it has opened up places to go as i wont annoy anyone with noise anymore, so in my eyes they both have their place

Edited by wolfie1
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@Kpowell911 good pics looks like you had a nice little run out with the TRX4, addressing your comment on people not liking Traxxas, most of the models tend to be good, for me its how they conduct themselves as a company, but one other issue i have is top end crawlers with black stickers for windows, i may well of put my feelings to one side for a hi trail Ford F-150 but black window stickers.....no and its a shame as the F-150 is a lovely shell

7 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

@Kpowell911 good pics looks like you had a nice little run out with the TRX4, addressing your comment on people not liking Traxxas, most of the models tend to be good, for me its how they conduct themselves as a company, but one other issue i have is top end crawlers with black stickers for windows, i may well of put my feelings to one side for a hi trail Ford F-150 but black window stickers.....no and its a shame as the F-150 is a lovely shell

See, Im anti driver figure, it makes me cringe seeing an action man inside, so black windows works great for me. Horses for courses eh?

Edited by Kpowell911
  • Like 3

@Kpowell911, i can only echo your words here mate.

Sometimes i wonder that if your a Traxxas fan your immediately in the same camp as devil worshippers…. The hatred is just amazing, why???

the only valid reason is the “morals” the company utilises to stay ahead, but i ask ANY forum member, if you were Mr. Traxxas, sat in your multi million dollar house watching your wife/mistress naked swimming in the fully heated pool whilst looking the other direction you see parked up your Ferrari/Lambo/Bugatti/yank tank etc. and your only real competitor size wise is Tamiya (I wouldn’t put them into the same class bracket for multiple reasons). Would it not be in your interest to beat the competition so YOUR brand remains successful??

as for windows/interiors, i have and had many with blacked out windows and full on interiors, both deserve special merit but the Trx4 is aimed at performance clearly and just about obliterates its rivals, yes they need money spending but you would be hard pushed to find one that doesnt. Whereas your full on interior trucks tend to be more “scale” and less performance driven, again with money spent, they can be very capable trucks, ive spent well over 100 hours on my Range Rover scx10.2 other than a run around the living room, this will never dip a tyre outdoors, its just too fragile…

onto the Trx4m, again, not the first to delve into the micro market but managed to produce another rival killer, this time going for a more scale appearance with hard bodies and clear windows and ALL fully licensed designs as appose to mostly generic looking shells from its competitors.

finally the Traxxas parts and third party parts back up is again only rivalled by Tamiya, its all well and good having a new fancy truck you cant get parts for (the worst for me, was the Hpi Venture, lovely truck but nothing was available in the time we had one).

as i say, for me personally, im a 100% Traxxas fan, they offer everything me and the family require of a rc, i agree they are overpriced (UK especially) so are Heinz beans but they still sell in vast quantities.

im ready for the hate…..lmao :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Gaz! said:

@Kpowell911, i can only echo your words here mate.

Sometimes i wonder that if your a Traxxas fan your immediately in the same camp as devil worshippers…. The hatred is just amazing, why???

Gaz, come on its not hatred, its freedom of choice......

Take a TRX4 performance based crawler, stick a super detailed Ford F-150 body on but then paint out the windows and put black stickers over the paint, it would of been just as easy to put same black stickers on inside of the windows as a mask, giving the punter the choice of clear or black out of the box....but maybe the marketing team think, go with paint then if the punter wants clear they will "Shell" out another $150.

Now to legal shenanigans

Legal action against Hobbyking all but finished the company, they ended up shutting down UK and EU warehouses after paying out a huge amount over some silly little item, they are only just getting back on their feet this last few months.

People say that HPI is not the best when it comes to parts and such maybe this is aftermath from paying out a very large amount .

There has been a fair amount of small rc companies forced out of business due to to paying amounts awarded .

Its not only RC as legal action has been taken against VW, Pepsi and many other firms!

To me this "file for legal action" feels like financial school yard bullying and its enough to put me of the brand full stop.

I honestly dont hate the brand, the products or there ever loyal fans, its just a company i will not give my money to, i have Never purchased any product with their name on and have no plans to do so, but if other people want to buy/use/support that is their individual choice  

• Like 1

Im not long in this hobby, but it looks like the majority of Traxxas haters keep on hating just because they can't afford it.... Plain and simple.  

Onto more pleasant things, i decided to finally fit some more brass to my little FCX24 K5, i did buy these ages ago and sort of forgot to fit them so now have the full set of brass links as before i only fitted the lower brass links, by eck they are fiddly to do and i fitted the brass steering link set.

I do need to revisit the shocks as not overly happy with the stock ones 

fcx24 steering.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

That should add some nice lowdown weight :good:

It has, i feel its sagging on the shocks now under the weight, so really need to look at sorting them out, i should of weighed it stock then weighed it after all the mods

• 2 weeks later...