• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

7 hours ago, Redback said:

Thats some collection, how could they be stored away for so long, they look awesome!

Liked @Jack Reacher's idea of making your own batteries so gave it a go.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_848311dc-c31a-4
Works as 2s pack, balances perfect, bit high resistance but tiny leads and may have cooked the ends soldiering.
Will run a transmitter, the winch controller or a crawler for 30min for 8£ oh and like Jack said these can go lower than 3.2v so longer run times.

Well done, the secret to soldering these is a really hot iron, i use a 100w job, the idea is a lot of heat but lightning quick on the terminal of battery, plenty of flux.....i need to make a 4S 3P 9000mah soon

45 minutes ago, khevolution said:

he was a bit disheartened to start with to be fair, but he still wants to take it out again, i just have to find time to rebuild it properly, with maybe a metal chassis this time

DMS have the metal one in stock, much stronger.

https://www.dms-racing.com/spare-parts/spare-parts-for-lc-racing/lc-racing-emb-1-spares/aluminium-2-5mm-main-chassis-short-emb-1-or-mt-h-series-detail

On 28/08/2022 at 22:53, Redback said:

Thats some collection, how could they be stored away for so long, they look awesome!

@Jack Reacher

Cheers man, well I used to have a man cave but then my little girl came along so Eveything got boxed up, been meaning to get them out for ages but never had 

Was like Xmas day when I opened them 😁

• Like 2

Went to do the oil in the DR8 diffs, started with the centre.  Opened it up to find it bone dry! Looks like the seal is broken in half, ugh.

20220901_152522.jpg

Edited by Kyo
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Got it running well again!

Ive been having some problems with stalling and just getting it to run properly but I did the ‘pinch the fuel line’ test and it ran for 9 seconds before dying 😂 

I leaned it out slowly until it ran nicely!

Temps are ‘I think ok’ because I can hold my palm on the head for a good 8-9 secs before it hurts. I also have very small and soft palms! Loving nitro again  and hoping to take it to a real spot soon!

Also because I’m a child I’ve made the rear brakes operate only on the rear axle so you can do handbrake turns! 

Edited by Hyper7ftxoutlaw
  • Like 3