• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

2 hours ago, Ant.p said:

New Badland tyres MX38 3.8’’ on Raid Black rims. These have removable hex’s so if I round another off, I can just replace that rather than the whole wheel!

last photo shows old and new. Only slightly (practically identical) larger diameter, but good 25mm wider. Hoping this will add some stability in the corners with the added overall width of the truck. Can’t wait to try them out!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Keep an eye on your diffs with those huge wheels..!!

The unpainted shell doesn't have it cut out I believe (H86227)

I have got them from a couple of places, as one wasn't enough, initially I got them from eBay seller rc-willpower in Taiwan. 

However a couple of months ago I noticed Wheelspin had them in stock https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/10431/ (Not now sadly).

Ian...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BashingBrian said:

Keep an eye on your diffs with those huge wheels..!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if they do some damage to the drivetrain. I didn’t necessarily want larger wheels, but these were all the shop had in stock. Not a bad thing, the truck looks proper mean with them on! I’ll maybe drop the punch a few notches to help counter it.

13 minutes ago, Fuzzock said:

The unpainted shell doesn't have it cut out I believe (H86227)

I have got them from a couple of places, as one wasn't enough, initially I got them from eBay seller rc-willpower in Taiwan. 

However a couple of months ago I noticed Wheelspin had them in stock https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/10431/ (Not now sadly).

Ian...

Cheers mate :good:

Added a hobbywing combo and SRT DL5020 to my Granite 3s BLX - due to problems with the stock ESC/Motor. Stock kit is going back for testing under warranty as it didn't run right stock. 

Always loved Hobbywing products, been using them since the old WP-SC8 days and the Max10 SCT / 3200kv 3660 combo is superb (ran one a while back in an old Axial Yeti) - never let me down

208956347_4331354606940094_3513280444682

210791742_4331354900273398_3534446786245

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ostewart said:

Added a hobbywing combo and SRT DL5020 to my Granite 3s BLX - due to problems with the stock ESC/Motor. Stock kit is going back for testing under warranty as it didn't run right stock. 

Always loved Hobbywing products, been using them since the old WP-SC8 days and the Max10 SCT / 3200kv 3660 combo is superb (ran one a while back in an old Axial Yeti) - never let me down

208956347_4331354606940094_3513280444682

210791742_4331354900273398_3534446786245

The stock 100blx esc Is just a piece of crap, had a lot of problems with it , super low runtimes 8 minutes on a 5200mah 3s , and shuts it self down a lot of times, I can't believe that they still sell cars with them in it and never fixed the problem, a lot of people have problems with them, and it is allmost 2 years ago when I had mine arrma typhon.

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

I sold my EXB to my pal, immediately had diff trouble…. So we spent hours looking for the issue…. We found some general wear and tear, nothing major (but more than id expect after the 10ish runs it had!)

Finally found this, hardly visable to the eye

zzliQum.jpg

Decided was best to come to a deal for a whole new rear diff from a breaker

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I sold my EXB to my pal, immediately had diff trouble…. So we spent hours looking for the issue…. We found some general wear and tear, nothing major (but more than id expect after the 10ish runs it had!)

Finally found this, hardly visable to the eye

zzliQum.jpg

Decided was best to come to a deal for a whole new rear diff from a breaker

Hit up Adrian at bad touch breakers