• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Hell horn. said:

It's yesterday technically but I'm sure you will like them. 

Red one is my brand new car. Other is my mates very very very abused x-maxx 

That looked 'wheely' sore..... 😇

Ian...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Decided it was time to swap the pinny on the DBXL. The 15 was definitely under geared, so changed it out for an 18.

Quick street test and it's much better, still accelerates hard, but with a better top speed. On the 15 you could hear it peaking the revs, but the 18 sounds right. 

Motor and ESC both nudged 50 Celsius, cells 45 Celsius. That's OK with me, it was running back to back speed passes. General bashing should be easier on the system. 

Not sure on the mesh, I've always struggled with mod 1.5. Time will tell if it's right. 

• Like 3

Covered the inside of it with glue. Fun job. 

Now it should be super strong.  And I have to remove glue from everything I own lol. 

And ordered some bits and pieces for the x-maxx. 

• Like 2

A day off which meant a crawl and a bash session with my dad who is also back into the hobby after 25+ years.  Was nice not having to be clock watching like when trying to squeeze in a bash session around work.

Didn't appreciate quite how muddy it was which has left me spending a good hour cleaning all the mud from the Slash.  Only a couple of weeks ago it was a case of brushing off all the dust!

• Like 1

Fitted front Rpm hubs to the x-maxx. Made up 2 more xt90 charging leads. So I can run both duel chargers together now. Much better. 45 minutes to charge up 4 5/6000mah 4s battery packs.   Not bad. 

On 21/06/2021 at 13:43, BigGinge said:

Do I regret taking the cars out (on some wet freshly mown grass) with the boy at the weekend? Yes, Yes I do. 

Think I’ll be pulling bits of dried grass out of this for months to come. 🤦‍♂️

77508ED9-21CE-43DF-ABF8-D9C8D2746BB2.jpeg

I know man   I said the same thing    clean up the grass dam it .. cut it bag it tip it.   

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, No brains said:

Run the Hpi jumpshot mt  for the first time today on the beach,  run 2 6000mah 2s packs trough it,  really like the car I am happy with it,  it handles very nice and was a lot of fun to drive, and it jumps a lot better then the tamiya wt-01 truck it replaced.

51263362847_9ce9f68648_c.jpg

Ok, what's the deal. I was under the impression beach and sand = stay away. We live close to a beach and would love to take the cars down, but I don't want to ruin them...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Ok, what's the deal. I was under the impression beach and sand = stay away. We live close to a beach and would love to take the cars down, but I don't want to ruin them...

Beaches are brilliant, just don’t drown the electrics and clean and lubricate EVERYTHING really well on your return - salt water and sand will eat your car faster than you can blink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

Beaches are brilliant, just don’t drown the electrics and clean and lubricate EVERYTHING really well on your return - salt water and sand will eat your car faster than you can blink

Hmmm, I was told not to because of the sand. Am tempted now, think it'd be a blast if I'm honest. Wouldn't run it through the salt water though. Think if I were to do it, I'd get one of those dusty covers first.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Hmmm, I was told not to because of the sand. Am tempted now, think it'd be a blast if I'm honest. Wouldn't run it through the salt water though. Think if I were to do it, I'd get one of those dusty covers first.

You’ll still have to completely disassemble it afterwards, sand is a total killer and will get everywhere and the salt will get in it anyway just from the sand - but it will be an absolute hoot and totally worth it 🤘😎

But don’t listen to me, I’m a well established terrible influence 😈😈😈

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Seminole81 said:

Block all holes in the tyres, if sand gets in, you ain't getting it out. 

• Like 3