• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

31 minutes ago, everclear1984 said:

Got creative and made a Kevin Talbot inspired course and 2 minute vid :)

exemplary dad, play with his toys while his kids watching it 😂, I’m glad I’m not the only one 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Kukynas said:

exemplary dad, play with his toys while his kids watching it 😂, I’m glad I’m not the only one 😂

😂 You know it! 

To be fair they'd just got done trying to break the tt01's lol

• Like 1

Fixed the lads LC Monster Truck - ESC was flashing red everytime he switched it on, really couldn't figure it out. 

Finally, after trying lots of things, noticed the throttle trim had been turned right forward! Wound it back, all good 👌😁

• Like 1

About 2 years ago I started restoring my first Tamiya which I bought in the early 90's, the good old Mudblaster. I stripped down the chassis and rebuilt it with metal sealed bearings and new wheels and tyres. The original body was ruined years ago so I bought all the bits to complete it but that was as far as I got.

Fast forward to today where I actually made a start on the body, or so I thought. I have run out of TS-8 paint 😪 I could have sworn I bought  2, oh well I have ordered another can so that will be here sometime next week. Anyway here is how far I got today

20200411_142632

Edited by stonedef
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, stonedef said:

About 2 years ago I started restoring my first Tamiya which I bought in the early 90's, the good old Mudblaster. I stripped down the chassis and rebuilt it with metal sealed bearings and new wheels and tyres. The original body was ruined years ago so I bought all the bits to complete it but that was as far as I got.

Fast forward to today where I actually made a start on the body, or so I thought. I have run out of TS-8 paint 😪 I could have sworn I bought  2, oh well I have ordered another can so that will be here sometime next week. Anyway here is how far I got today

20200411_142632

My first RC was a Mudblaster but the top pillar broke by the roof so i glued it, then it looked rough so i sprayed it metallic green, kinda ruined it lol, but had a lot of fun with it, eventally i gave it away.....silly me

Test drive the rock rey today, I run 2 packs trough it on grass with a lot of high speed running breaking and accelerate, the highest temp on the motor was 60/140  celsius/fahrenheit and that after more then 40 minutes running, so that was fine so I mounted the body and finish it.

Very happy with the car and with the setup, and pretty good runtimes more then 20 minutes with 1 5200mah 3s pack and that was on high grass with a lot of high speed  running, those castle motors are very efficient, with the same batteries when I run them In a Arrma thypon 3s blx I had very poor runtimes 8 to 10 minutes and that was on sand, glad I sold that one and bought the rock rey.

49764825591_5205a20964_c.jpg

49765150492_fe1fb76225_c.jpg

49764825216_42be498399_c.jpg

Edited by No brains
  • Like 1

Put the boots from the HPI Super 5sc Flux onto the KM X2 and gave it a quick street run, only a few minutes as it's very noisy. 

Something's better than nothing!

• Like 1

Done nothing, spent all day browsing body shells,  cant find any i like, thought i had it sussed when i found the RC4WD Tacoma clear shell but just figure the wheels will stick out like a Bulldogs danglers, thought about a Ford F150 (pro-line?) half cab and trail honcho bed but just works out stupid money. looked at so many websites and bodyshells im burnt out on it, kinda thinking i will just order the Jconcepts `84 F150 even though it lacks detail, but their shells seem pretty good quality and its 12.5 inch and guess what, my 313mm chassis just happens to be 12.5, also i have the rattle cans for the F150, other than a bit of PS chrome, any one got a part can they dont need? lol