• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Regeared the TRX-4 Sport to get a better drive from the new Hobbywing Axe. Went to a 45T spur and an 11T pinion. Seems okay but time will tell. 

• Like 1

Pulled it out to work on it as I'm now stuck indoors for 12 weeks. Bloody yay. 

Also pulled my lrp s10 out to rebuild it.  And paid for a xray m18t on ebay to fix up and give me something to do 

IMG_20200321_150641.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

So this is the Helion Avenge? I've got some arms on my Rival MT10 from this truck, but never actually seen one.

yep, that’s the Helion Avenge 😉

• Like 1

Fitted the MT2 body shell, after removing the MT2 stickers and a bit of cutting to make it fit correctly.
Got a couple of spaces ready for the msuk stickers from the other thread [emoji106]

While I was at it I changed the shock oil. Existing was what came with the car. Not sure what the original oil was, but have read that 35w is ok for a firestorm. So that's what went in. Even on the bench it feels quite a lot stiffer. Hoping to get out to one of my usual bashing sites to test it out.9136d19ff1e97709ae2b290419d30860.jpg2e4df62c53637d2f5241bfae368b4861.jpgb8b157f8776c4d1245cc7836f82438b3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last Thursday pulled the TX out of the P-47 it died 058154ff96c56bf69fff36b803da36de.jpg

Packed it up & sent it off to Logic RC no power tried external power still dead, luckily it died on the ground & not in the air [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needed a new bed for a while.... These pieces of wood arrived the other day, or as it is now known as the RC Hider... I guess a mattress can go on it too.

Keep 'er indoors happy and a new hiding/storage place, I have now freed up room on top of the wardrobe for.... Well... Another RC or two obviously, winner winner chicken dinner.

RIw7A0E.jpg

• Like 2

Well seeing as I'm stuck indoors for 12 fun filled weeks. Yay. I thought it's about time to sort my rc cars out. This is some of my smaller models. This lot is all up and running. Just need about 10 more receivers for them all.  The r1 is on my work stand currently.  Got it as good as I can with out spending any more cash on it. Got good flex now. And shocks are just about right now.  The scx10 ii might be up for sale to fund a 8th scale.  The proline mt 4x4 is sorted and ready to go. The lrp s10 is back together after killing the dogs last drive. Mostly full upgrades now. Lol. 

And the 3 1/18th cars are ready to go. And then the ftx comet is also sorted and ready to drive. 

Tomorrow I have hopefully coming a xray m18mt project to work on next. 

This does not include my full list of cars.  I also have my losi 5ive t. Dbxl. And mini 8ight to work on. My hpi baja. And what's left of a maverick blackout that's now fully dead unfortunately. A cheap nitro I was given the other week.  And a second lrp s10 for parts. And a few cars for spare parts.

IMG_20200323_140833.jpg

IMG_20200323_143836.jpg

IMG_20200323_143435.jpg

• Like 2

Discharged all my lipo batteries to storage levels. Just keeping one, small 3S available for working on my new trucks, ready for when the world calms down and the important things, like RC Trucks, are back at their proper level of importance. (Am not being flippant about the current situation, just looking forward to a calmer, normal future.)   

• Like 1

On 19/03/2020 at 20:29, Oh How Original said:

Well the bent skid plate on my Outcast 4s is a little worse than I'd hoped :(

Snapped the chassis.

TPwzm1o.jpg

Dooood!! How the hell did you manage that!?? I’ve literally beat the c*#p out of mine.... 

Been messing with the lrp s10s today. Had 2.both had problems. So now I have one thats fully sorted.  Carbon bits all over.  Aluminum upgrades where needed. Only problem I had was the cvds I had on it are about 1/2mm to short so bind up in the rear hubs. So pulled the ones out of the buggy. Pulled them apart.  Pulled the truck ones out and apart.  Made one good set out of all of them. Fitted back in. Perfect. No binding and no slop in them. Happy with that. Now it needs a servo and it's sorted again.