• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

[mention=43432]Paul Busby[/mention] So this Kydex is the same shizzle T bone are using?

Certainly looks interesting - assume you are bending with heat?... 
I can't say for sure that it's the same, but it certainly seems to be.

210°c on a temp controlled heatgun, really easy to manipulate.
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Paul Busby said:

I can't say for sure that it's the same, but it certainly seems to be.

210°c on a temp controlled heatgun, really easy to manipulate.

You best go do some smashing now and test it!! 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stimpy said:

You best go do some smashing now and test it!! 😂

I'm outsourcing the testing 😆

Selling the prototypes cheap, I'll keep a note of anyone who buys them and then when the quality is "production level", I'll offer anyone who bought one a new one for like 20% off or something.

I reckon the ones I've done today are pretty close, I switched to a template and bodged up a router table, got much more consistent results and made the finishing much easier.

There was a lot of interest over on the Arrma facebook, seems there isn't anyone else really doing this in the UK.

• Like 2

put both my sandviper and my tt-01 onto my speccy dx3c earlier, im done with my old etronix one, dad has been updating his receivers for his new speccy and giving me the old dsm2 ones :)

think all my leccy cars apart from drifter are on my dx3c now, just need to find 2 more and put them in the ishima rave and the hyper 7 :D

i could use my xxt/xxb tx and 3 rx units on the nitros :)

put some nice yellow bright wheels on my tt-01 earlier, they look awesome https://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-1-10-street-tread-tyre-10-spoke-neon-yellow-wheels/rc-car-products/393449

eYS6mUW.jpg

sMClsta.jpg

the grasshopper next to my tt-01 has some mental run time  and digs up my parents garden with its stock sand paddle tyres, it is amazing what a hopper can do when a 4000mah battery can last over an hour easy :)

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 2

the boat in the back ground has 3 heavy nimh packs, think 3 2700 mah packs, act as ballast though  and a tiny slow motor on my dx6 it can sail all day long :)

Edited by Yrkoon

9 hours ago, Paul Busby said:

I'm outsourcing the testing 😆

Selling the prototypes cheap, I'll keep a note of anyone who buys them and then when the quality is "production level", I'll offer anyone who bought one a new one for like 20% off or something.

I reckon the ones I've done today are pretty close, I switched to a template and bodged up a router table, got much more consistent results and made the finishing much easier.

There was a lot of interest over on the Arrma facebook, seems there isn't anyone else really doing this in the UK.

I certainly know of nothing else mate 👍

My trucks have all got bumpers on at the mo, but the boys Granite BLX doesn’t so if you come up with a design For that we’d be happy to test it to destruction!!... 

That said, if you need testers for the MT410 or Outcast 4S we can help out... 

quoting myself as i have a question for the audience......i did not like how this shell turned out, but i have dulled down some of the gold and have to say its kinda growing on me, now then i ordered a replacement shell its not in stock but on pre order, i planned to paint the next one in racing green (NO GOLD) but i am now wondering if i should just cancel the pre order shell and ask for a refund, just run this shell.........what would you guys do?
Nowt wrong with that shell. Run it in a bit see if it grows on you. I've painted other models for other hobbies and sometimes it takes time to see that your initial feelings were right!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stimpy said:

I certainly know of nothing else mate 👍

My trucks have all got bumpers on at the mo, but the boys Granite BLX doesn’t so if you come up with a design For that we’d be happy to test it to destruction!!... 

That said, if you need testers for the MT410 or Outcast 4S we can help out... 

Problem I have is not having the bolt pattern, or the width of the chassis to make sure it's correctly clearenced.

If you can get your measuring tools out and take some measurements, I wouldn't be surprised if all I have to do is make a jig and the existing ones might actually work once the holes are drilled.

Or if you have an old broken chassis you can send me... could work with that.

I'm honestly enjoying mkaing them, and although I don't currently see much of a profit, I think once I get all my jigs and designs right, I should be able to take it somewhere.

Not car really, I seem to be getting back a bit of a taste for Nitro, So broke out the starter box and added a small mod ready to put together a PitBuddy.

Wired a small DC step down board inside and run it to a plug on the front to plug in the Glowplug.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

• Like 1

knicked the brushless system from the durga and put it in the triton, definite speed improvement but the esc heats up too much so ill get a wee fan for it and lower the gearing a tad.

also just finished sorting out the durga it had a stripped spur gear, also put the tritons stock esc in it along with a old purple tiger 21 turn and new brushes and a spare reciver i had kicking about, it runs pretty smooth now :)