• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Redback said:

SST 2022 Rocked!
Fully locked Yeti performed great.

Bronco was troublesome, kept sucking batteries dry, 6000mha in 10 min. cutting out due to lvc, signal loss, gremlins. But drove well when it worked, all the upgrades and practice showed.

Spent all the time with the gatekeeper that took 2 batteries over the entire day. Broke the c hubs within the first hour so picked up some brass ones as no spares available. Very nice upgrade well worth it.
Well worth the trip, massive funds raised for charity, awesome people and atmosphere to boot, fantastic weekend for anyone everyone's so friendly and open to chat or help out.

20220910_131514.jpg

20220910_131529.jpg
20220910_151053.jpg

unknown.png

Great pics! Especially like the last GK pic 👍🏻

Just spent nearly 5 hours messing about with beadlocks and tyres, that will teach me not to buy knock offs from China 🤔, finally got the job done after trying different wheels, in agony now, arthritis has kicked in 😪

• Sad 4

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Just spent nearly 5 hours messing about with beadlocks and tyres, that will teach me not to buy knock offs from China 🤔, finally got the job done after trying different wheels, in agony now, arthritis has kicked in 😪

Something I discovered is that not all tyres and all bead lock wheels are interchangeable. 

Different designs to the bead locks pinch point and variations to the lip shape/thickness on different tyres causes issues sometimes.

It's worse when you do manage to win the fight and get them seated good, only for the tyre to easily pull out of its grip with your fingers.

Its the luck of the draw basically. 

My solution on the trx4's metal beadlocks was to also glue them on, if it works it works!

The glue comes off of aluminium easier than on plastic anyway if the tyres ever need renewing.

• Thanks 1

@tomr fantastic shots mate!
With the in-motion pics, only the dogs are a giveaway that it’s an RC car!
(Unless you came across super-giants dogs?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2