• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

2 hours ago, Lone-wolf said:

HPI 1/8th Ford supercab shell

Cheers, can see me getting one of those 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RC4WD fan said:

Nothing wrong with FTX I personally like the brand 👍 can you make these 4WS ?

Easily, front driveshafts, hubs, servo and linkage all fit onto the rear axle, suitable tx and rx. Could be the next mod on my old one

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 53HRA said:

Fresh from HK! More impressed with the delivery than anything - £10.51 and it took 4 days to arrive with no customs. Pure luck I never know? On the downside it was a four month pre order wait :lol: 

IMG-9516.jpg

Great result!  I almost ordered from there recently due to the price but decided I would probably have to pay import duty due to the size of the package and ended up buying from AliExpress instead.

On 07/06/2023 at 17:34, Kpowell911 said:

A TT02 Chassis cover as Im actually using my TT02 this time. I also noticed Carson do a reasonably priced Tamiya Bag, similar to the old school Beatties bags you could get as a kid! So

picked one up!

H4H6aGt.jpeg

Shout out to TTP for the excellent service as usual!

Now as Ive said before, my Dads a comic collector, and he has always lived by one mantra when collecting. First just obtain the product you want. Regardless of condition. Just obtain it. You can still look for a better one, but first of all, get it. So. As we know Ive recently decided to relive my youth, and pick up the Tamiya's I wanted as kid. Combining this with Gran Turismo 3.  This isnt the rarest or most expensive on my list of JGTCs, the R34's take that award, but this is the one I wanted most. Ideally on a TA02W, but for now I have the worst condtion TL-01 TOMs Supra. Ive also already got a slightly better one on the way that I won last night 🙄 For now Ill make one up using the until I find a MINT TA02 Variant. 

6QZ5j7K.jpeg

Y5oX449.jpeg

I also got a Manual for my TL-01 Focus. Cause I forgot I already had it....

LxHuVRP.jpeg

I have 1 of those bags going about still

On 13/06/2023 at 16:29, RC4WD fan said:

A couple of things a clone of a Tamiya bruiser yes it’s a clone but it’s £500 cheaper 👍 IMG_0231.thumb.jpeg.4012fdaf2a121154006d9639f58b2276.jpeg and my winter project going to do a super scale build so will be collecting bits over the next couple months for the build 😁 IMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.97aee72e738549934776eb0455466bd1.jpeg

have you got a link to the bruiser clone, if it rtr watch out for poor bearings, i heard they can fall apart

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

have you got a link to the bruiser clone, if it rtr watch out for poor bearings, i heard they can fall apart

Yes, definitely build it with a set of metal bearings.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lone-wolf said:

This is where I got mine https://www.clevelandmodels.co.uk/product/hg-p407a-tamiya-bruiser-clone-1-10th-4wd-r-c-metal-pick-up-crawler-kit-white/ also in black 

it’s an RTR/KIT type thing axles chassis gear box already built just have to put it all together but I’ve stipend everything down and rebuilt it as you would expect a couple of rounded hex heads so far nothing major but the bearings it comes with seem ok time will tell on that but I’m waiting for a steering relocation kit and 12mm wheel hex adapters off eBay to arrive but for £212 I’m happy with it even if it only sits on the shelf 👍

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

ahh so you got caught with import duty this time 😞

Sadly however it added less than £1 to each item so still miles below the UK prices. 

For example the Tl01 chasiss was about £5 landed Vs £10 + shipping from most UK shops so it's not too bad!

• Like 1

On 13/06/2023 at 16:29, RC4WD fan said:

P my winter project going to do a super scale build so will be collecting bits over the next couple months for the build 😁 

IMG_0232.thumb.jpeg.97aee72e738549934776eb0455466bd1.jpeg

@RC4WD fan  How do you find the cage tubes for these? Are they thick enough to look right, been looking on Asiatees as I have a battered Gellande in my possession! 

2 hours ago, Shergar said:

@RC4WD fan  How do you find the cage tubes for these? Are they thick enough to look right, been looking on Asiatees as I have a battered Gellande in my possession! 

I’m very surprised at the quality and strength of the cage to be honest even in its in built state in the picture the rig is heavy and I don’t have any worries about picking it up from the cage it’s self feels very sturdy scale appearance wise would be nice to be a bit thicker but otherwise very good looking don’t think you’ll be disappointed 👍

• Thanks 1