• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

18 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

Okay so i got my Hobao DC1 RTR, got it at a bargain price on ebay, lets just say less than kit version, its new and rather nice

very rugged and oozes quality, but there will be some mods to do to it......the stock tyres are going, replacing with weighted metal beadlocks and super swampers, the stock rubber has flat spots and just no good, also the shocks might have to go, but i will strip them and replace oil with a much lighter oil.   On each axle there are 4x M3 bolts with Nylocs that point down and will be likely to get hung up, so already ordered stainless m3 button head bolts will fit them so the Nyloc is at top so no hang ups.

need to solder an XT60 rather than Deans, but yeah its a nice rig with scale detailed body, 2 speed gearbox, with a little work i can see this being a really nice rig

also need to order number plates, something with Jack in it lol

DC1 2.JPG

DC1 3.JPG

DC1 4.JPG

DC1.JPG

Looks like you struck lucky there, a fine old deal 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, walkbythesea said:

I’ll be at my post looking forward to you posting the post about what post your postie posted 👍

Can you make me a post about your post waiting for his post about a post he is going to post about what company has posted him. And that the post man has posted through his post box. So I can also make a post about it so people can know about the post. Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Stormbringer said:

Glad your liking it so far Jack  :good:

The dual rate springs help a bit :cheers:

Yes i do like it, smart looking truck and pretty solid, it needs some upgrades but i went into this knowing a lot of what it will need and most of this is in hand, hardest thing is what to have on the number plate Jack something ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1