• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

33 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Joby Gorillapod and heavy duty ball head, have to say, not a cheap set up for a small tripod, but feels so heavy duty and solid, the rubber is great and I'd have no worries about hanging my DSLR from anything with this.

Should come in handy for RC stuff.

20170517_145958_resized.jpg

20170517_151108_resized.jpg

I've had one of these for a few years now. Cracking piece of kit.

Considering its size, it is very solid :P

Edited by monkeyboy_uk

1 hour ago, Oh How Original said:

Joby Gorillapod and heavy duty ball head, have to say, not a cheap set up for a small tripod, but feels so heavy duty and solid, the rubber is great and I'd have no worries about hanging my DSLR from anything with this.

Should come in handy for RC stuff.

20170517_145958_resized.jpg

20170517_151108_resized.jpg

I accidently left one of those on top of the Empire State Building in New York in 2008! Haha. Was useful the short time I used it! Luckily I remembered the SLR....

1 hour ago, Guns said:

I accidently left one of those on top of the Empire State Building in New York in 2008! Haha. Was useful the short time I used it! Luckily I remembered the SLR....

Pop back for it :P lol.

I've left my tripod and camera behind before, although thankfully remembered before we set off in the car.

It's quite easily done if you set it up and just start bashing, change battery, carry on and it quickly goes out of your mind that you're filming.

2 hours ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Yep it was a mistake, see above for comment :D

Spotted it lol.

Aye, it should hopefully come in handy for stuff.

Tried it wrapped round the bottom of my transmitter with the DSLR hanging off the side but it's too heavy, got cramp in my thumb.

Need a way to mount it directly on the top or bottom, securely.

Unfortunately, the tripod isn't going to work for that, but I have other uses for it too lol.

2 hours ago, big gaz said:

Maybe so on figures but I would rather a savox every time.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the 1256tg, and the high power draw isn't really an issue for me, but costs are.  Of the PowerHD's I have the micro ones have been faultless, the LF20's fantastic, the single LW20 terrible in that the case cracked on it's first outing for no apparent reason.  

This was circa half the cost of the savox so well worth a punt - will prob replace the 1256tg in the truggy to get a fair comparison and see how it goes.  I've got a couple higher end servo's that make the 1256tg look decidedly average, but cost twice the price new.

22 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

Spotted it lol.

Aye, it should hopefully come in handy for stuff.

Tried it wrapped round the bottom of my transmitter with the DSLR hanging off the side but it's too heavy, got cramp in my thumb.

Need a way to mount it directly on the top or bottom, securely.

Unfortunately, the tripod isn't going to work for that, but I have other uses for it too lol.

Yeah I think you would need a strong wrist to keep a DSLR on your controller.

You probably want an el-cheapo Go-Pro clone to go on your controller really.

11 minutes ago, monkeyboy_uk said:

Yeah I think you would need a strong wrist to keep a DSLR on your controller.

You probably want an el-cheapo Go-Pro clone to go on your controller really.

I've had a clone and a real GoPro... They just don't compare to my DSLR and certainly don't really have the stamina.

I've got a Galaxy Note 4 coming though which apparently is very good for video, so that might be an option for some transmitter mounted shots.

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

I've had nothing but good experiences with the 1256tg, and the high power draw isn't really an issue for me, but costs are.  Of the PowerHD's I have the micro ones have been faultless, the LF20's fantastic, the single LW20 terrible in that the case cracked on it's first outing for no apparent reason.  

This was circa half the cost of the savox so well worth a punt - will prob replace the 1256tg in the truggy to get a fair comparison and see how it goes.  I've got a couple higher end servo's that make the 1256tg look decidedly average, but cost twice the price new.

Have to say I highly rate the newer PowerHD stuff as well.

Run more than 10 now and not had an issue, aside from one spline stripping, which was my own fault, no servo saver, full throttle and clipped a curb.

Got some boxes for the weekend, mainly painting and hopefully running it on saturday;P

http://store.rc4wd.com/RC4WD-Gelande-II-RTR-D90-Truck-Kit-Limited-Edition_p_4625.html

Tamiya ts-43 and ts-6

Carson lightkit for truck

Spektrum sr415 x2

Hpi body posts for the wr8

quikrun 1080

rc4wd brushed 35t boost

and alot of masking tape