• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did the postie bring you today?

53HRA

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

Not the postie as it was easier just to pick it up but a Halfords Advanced 90pc Tool Set. Regular price £150.00 but on special offer at just £50.00 for the next few days. Really good quality tools with a lifetime guarantee. Was intending to just pick up a few tools but at this price a bit of a no brainer to get the set. :whistling:

John

Tools.jpg

I did the same thing earlier this year, a 200 quid set down to half price, a half price screwdriver set and some other bits for 100 quid all in thanks to my Toyota Owners Club membership card :good:

5 minutes ago, chewbacca said:

I did the same thing earlier this year, a 200 quid set down to half price, a half price screwdriver set and some other bits for 100 quid all in thanks to my Toyota Owners Club membership card :good:

I spent a while looking at the £350.00 set at half priice but didn't really want to spend £175.00 right now. Thinking about going back to get the 12 piece ratchet spanner set at half price though but do I really need more spanners? 

John

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

I spent a while looking at the £350.00 set at half priice but didn't really want to spend £175.00 right now. Thinking about going back to get the 12 piece ratchet spanner set at half price though but do I really need more spanners? 

John

Yes. Yes you do. You're a MAN. MEN NEED TOOLS!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, johninderby said:

John

They are excellent tools for the price. Use them daily on HGV's. Got fed up with Snap on prices and poor quality plus all the excuses as to why it wasn't covered by warranty. Only broken the odd bit of Halfords stuff after some extreme abuse and exchanged without question.

• Like 1

A rather large box.

Motor is for scale.

DSCF0603%20copy_zpsa9jq8ekv.jpg

And whats inside?

A set of wheels and some catalogues. Jiffy bag would of been sufficient. And it only cost $1.97 delivery :huh:

DSCF0607_zpsxltwjlqo.jpg

Also, some black nuts from China.

DSCF0605_zpsh4lycuck.jpg

On 17/12/2016 at 13:27, ChrisT said:

A rather large box.

Motor is for scale.

DSCF0603%20copy_zpsa9jq8ekv.jpg

And whats inside?

A set of wheels and some catalogues. Jiffy bag would of been sufficient. And it only cost $1.97 delivery :huh:

DSCF0607_zpsxltwjlqo.jpg

Also, some black nuts from China.

DSCF0605_zpsh4lycuck.jpg

They send post via weight per sack, not per parcel.

E.g they fill a sack and weigh the sack, then pay a general fee per sack .

Works out cheaper if your posting a lot of stuff on the regular

• Like 1

Set of Facom stubby ratchet spanners. Could have bought a set of 12 Halfords Advanced for about the same price but thought a set of stubbies would be more useful for getting into tight spots as well as being reversible and with an angled end. They're good enough for the Ferrari F1 team so they'll do me. :thumbsup:

John

FacomStubbies.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fly In My Soup said:

They send post via weight per sack, not per parcel.

E.g they fill a sack and weigh the sack, then pay a general fee per sack .

Works out cheaper if your posting a lot of stuff on the regular

Can't see that happening over here, that would cripple the courriers etc...

Today, a few tinnys and some body pin holders from MS.

DSCF0663_zpsminxslvv.jpg