• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What's Your Favorite RC Shop?

Cactus

1, Modelsport, used for rc’s, electrics and parts.

2, eBay, some great sellers on there for the more obscure parts.

3, Rcbitz, great guy for tyres, Rc4wd stuffs etc.

4, Asiatees, great for hop-ups spare parts.

5, Powerhobby in the U.S for all sorts of bits (not used them in a while though)

Hobbyking used to be great for cheap lipos,

been to a few local hobby shops but the lack in the amount they carry, charge way too much, arrogance of the staff put me off completely, why should they have my money if they cant offer a decent level of service!!

• Like 1

Rcbitz,  Martin’s a helpful dude!

Plaza Japan for Tamiya and Kyosho

Asiatees for Boom Racing stuff.

eBay a lot!!

Injora for cheap scale bits. 

ModelSport on an odd occasion tho that’s less and less. 
CNHL for Lipo as no-one else seems to be able to deliver them to me. Cracking batteries as well. 
Time Tunnel Models, Neil is also very helpful!

MB Models is good too

Amain is good for the US stuff. 

Wheelspin, modelsport or eurorc. Many years ago when the Wheely king came out (the 1 with the plastic front wheels) A Main messed up their pricing and put the decimal point in the wrong place and missed out the last number and i got 1 super cheap, so for us stores them. I have also bought stuff from Integy in the past and 99% of it has been fantastic so quite like them too

• Like 1

funny enough i was able to call into wheelspin today as i was doing a delivery 0.5 miles away, picked up some rattle cans, lovely shop and helpful staff....and they had some lovely models on display in the customer area, looks like they have a huge warehouse space

Edited by Lone-wolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lone-wolf said:

funny enough i was able to call into wheelspin today as i was doing a delivery 0.5 miles away, picked up some rattle cans, lovely shop and helpful staff....and they had some lovely models on display in the customer area, looks like they have a huge warehouse space

You should have saw it before Covid. The whole thing was the shop, it took an age to walk round with lots on display!

• Like 1

Interesting seems like most of you use the bigger shops.

I use wheelspin and modelsport occasionally if they have what I want at the cheapest price. 
My main go to shops are ModelTune and Answer-RC though. 
Also the smaller ones like LukesRCShop but that’s mainly for Savage parts. 

ebay, hmmm not so much as new parts are usually fake/Chinese but I do use eBay for 2nd hand parts and cars for my videos. 

On 12/07/2023 at 18:02, Kpowell911 said:

You should have saw it before Covid. The whole thing was the shop, it took an age to walk round with lots on display!

Modelsport is probably one of the biggest model shops in the UK, if you look them up they're well in the millions.

Big respect to them man!

On 22/07/2023 at 08:07, Cactus said:

Modelsport is probably one of the biggest model shops in the UK, if you look them up they're well in the millions.

Big respect to them man!

Yea Ive been using Modelsport since I was a school boy (Im 36). I used to get my Dad to phone up and order stuff for me with his credit card. Mainly body shells and M Tronik’s ESC’s haha. I dread to think how much Ive spent there over the years and I would love to go there, however by the time Id drove up there, they couldve posted me whatever I wanted haha

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Yea Ive been using Modelsport since I was a school boy (Im 36). I used to get my Dad to phone up and order stuff for me with his credit card. Mainly body shells and M Tronik’s ESC’s haha. I dread to think how much Ive spent there over the years and I would love to go there, however by the time Id drove up there, they couldve posted me whatever I wanted haha

Keith its worth a visit if you ever get time, maybe time it for a mini break in west Yorkshire