• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

If you had £1k to spend on RC’s

RC4WD fan

So if you had a spare £1k ( very unlikely I know ) would you buy multiple cheaper RC’s to have a variety of RC’s  or 1 or 2 expensive RC’s and be limited ? 

• Like 2

i would most likely get few secondhand ones to have a variety of rcs.

with a grand i could buy some new ones but as most of the rcs are quite expensive, most probably could just get 2 or 3.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i would most likely get few secondhand ones to have a variety of rcs.

with a grand i could buy some new ones but as most of the rcs are quite expensive, most probably could just get 2 or 3.

My thinking is the same would get bored with 1 or 2 

this is the stupid stuff I’ve been talking about today with a mate 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd legit buy an X-Maxx and be done with it. Been through dozens of RC now (including a few more expensive than a grand lol), it's the only RC i've never even thought about selling. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

My thinking is the same would get bored with 1 or 2 

this is the stupid stuff I’ve been talking about today with a mate 🤣

it would make sense to try get more out of it.

i wouldnt call it stupid, anything to do with rcs is not stupid 😄 

this is my list that has popped up top of my head:

savage

maybe vorza but since its quite outdated then will need to find an alternative (arrma?)

been looking at losi 8 nitro for awhile now so maybe that too

whack a dji phantom in there too then i should be happy 😄 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, froggy8 said:

it would make sense to try get more out of it.

i wouldnt call it stupid, anything to do with rcs is not stupid 😄 

this is my list that has popped up top of my head:

savage

maybe vorza but since its quite outdated then will need to find an alternative (arrma?)

been looking at losi 8 nitro for awhile now so maybe that too

whack a dji phantom in there too then i should be happy 😄 

It is stupid when right after you finish talking about RC’s you start having a friendly disagreement about bloody burgers 😂

• Haha 3

Just now, RC4WD fan said:

It is stupid when right after you finish talking about RC’s you start having a friendly disagreement about bloody burgers 😂

Burgers are serious business though, i can see disagreements arise easily. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, totlxtc said:

Am I allowed to put it part way to a Losi 5IVE-T?

Well the conversion was that you only had 1k no more and you can’t ever resell to fund another RC in the future before the whole burger thing 😆

You can very easily drop a grand on a Tamiya RC if you are starting from scratch and have to buy things like a charger, batteries, transmitter and other bits and bobs.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bajadre said:

UDR for me have tons of hopups for one to put on never got round to getting one

Honestly, theyre nice as a novelty and look incredible, but only as an RC to use every now and then. I wouldnt suggest having one as your main RC

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RC4WD fan said:

Well the conversion was that you only had 1k no more and you can’t ever resell to fund another RC in the future before the whole burger thing 😆

OH FINE!! I'm gonna go and stamp my little feeties in a tantrum...stupid rules 😛

I'll just have to settle for an Xray XB8 nitro...should just about get a motor too....just.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

Honestly, theyre nice as a novelty and look incredible, but only as an RC to use every now and then. I wouldnt suggest having one as your main RC

yeah K my friend owed one and lent me it for a month while he went on his honeymoon ,very oriented for one style of driving but just fell in love with them 

• Like 1

It depends on what you currently have. If you have 2/3 RCs and all the gear, its going to be a different choice to if its your only RC. Ill die on the hill that the X Maxx is the best off road bash RC out there. Ive had over 100 RCs and Its so far above every other RC for me. That said, if you ‘only’ have a grand, its not really ‘enough’ as youre gonna want a decent dual charged and a few lipo’s. Unless you get a used bargain. Depending on what you want out of RC, sinking a grand on a Crawler could be perfect. Or you could get into racing at a local club, either on road, off road etc. Then theres a vintage RC etc. £1k can go very far, in very different directions 

• Like 1

Easy for me ....

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/losi-lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-rtr-son-uva-digger-1334543

It's overpriced, but pretty. I just love proper solid axle monster trucks, and this is the most true  to the real thing RC. Gives me some money left over....which would go on either

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/kyosho-turbo-scorpion-2wd-kit-405386

or this

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/kyosho-beetle-2014-2wd-buggy-kit-388495

It's easy spending money like this, and far less painful than having to actually find it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Nitroholic said:

Easy for me ....

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/losi-lmt-4wd-solid-axle-monster-truck-rtr-son-uva-digger-1334543

It's overpriced, but pretty. I just love proper solid axle monster trucks, and this is the most true  to the real thing RC. Gives me some money left over....which would go on either

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/kyosho-turbo-scorpion-2wd-kit-405386

or this

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/kyosho-beetle-2014-2wd-buggy-kit-388495

It's easy spending money like this, and far less painful than having to actually find it.

That Turbo Scorpion is gorgeous!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nitroholic said:

Anyone want to sub me £1000 ......

I was going to say, you look like you already had your shopping list at the ready!

Actually changed my mind. I want my original baby back! My OG baby

But I would have to get the hop up ally shocks and new shell to paint in British Racing Green.

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 1