• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

If MSUK-Forum built RC cars...

Nick

I ponder this sometimes, if as a community we could design and build our own RC car... what scale would we choose? What model type? What would our communal goal be that we'd want from an RC car?

All hypothetically speaking but I thought I'd just shoot this out there. 😉

I feel with us mostly being bashers, then strength, simplicity and value would be the core principles. Scale and model type is a hard one, 1/8th or 1/10th comes to my mind but it's hard to pin down where to try and get your foot in the door with the model type, with most being done to death already.

Lets discuss. 🙂

• Like 2

Tricky but I'd love something that combined Tamiya quirkiness with 6S brushless power and modern durability. Imagine a 1/7th 6 wheeled thing that could be sent on a BMX track with a sensored system and locking diffs so you can then take it crawling. 

An Arrma Nero/Traxxas Summit/Tamiya Dynahead crossover. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, turok007 said:

Same as above  also more choice with the body shells.

Someone needs to jump on Extreme E marketing and make a bodyshell for a SC chassis.

image.png.190f80a13b0073af11df33d7a5127821.png

Edited by lorrylemming
  • Like 3

🤔 could i have something that will crawl to a bash spot, be an mt platform have air suspension that will lower for road use, oh and be able to fly home at the end of the day.😁

• Haha 3

i would just build something like a mini hyper 7 and call it a day, the toughness of a hyper in a mini  about the same size as a losi mini b  or t 😄

could be used in gardens and fast in open spaces and 6000kv minimum on 2s or above plus optional gyros and wings, with a wee ramp to launch it 😄

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well I sort of did make my own car.well the chassis for it.  And the wheels.  I also plan to design the gearbox and a set of axles for it later on. It's a sporty rock crawler. So designed to climb as well as possible. And forgoes scale looks good for abilitys. 

PXL_20220510_202950887.jpg