• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2018 Prediction Thread "I said it first"

Nick

What are peoples predictions for 2018 with RCs, anyone going to be bold and innovative? If so, who and what, or are we going to see yet more relaunches?

Tamiya, Traxxas and HPI are all favorites in this game. :lol: But who knows, underdogs maybe lurking.

I'm going to say Traxxas will go for a larger Shortcourse, maybe we'll see a 1/5th electric. I'm hoping for something big (in either "wow" and/or scale factor) from them this year.

HPI is going to relaunch a new nitro Savage that probably has just a funky new shell and hopefully an electric contender to the X-Maxx, that isn't using TVPs.

• Like 3

I predict , as usual... One of the larger companies will venture into a different class / scale with a new improved version of something, it will sell well due to it being heavily marketed, then the market will just follow suit in the wake trying to cash in....

I do hope their is something new and innovative, mud trucks look quite interesting....

If I was to take a bet on what is released, I'd say large scale crawlers

Tamiya - more re re re re, and one more for luck re release of some classics, when the world was in black and white, sound set to mono !!.

Traxxas - what ever it is, very colourful and very very expensive.

What will be more interesting, companies like 30 Degrees North who have two largescale gassers in the market now and their ever growing list of hop ups.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, evssv said:

16 minutes ago, evssv said:

see above post....:good:

15 minutes ago, evssv said:

I predict I will buy and sale at least another 3 rc`s in 2018.......:yes:

I also have a prediction to do with spaming :bye2:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There is a lot of interest in large scale electric but its still too pricy for most. I expect we'll be seeing more low cost Far East knock off versions similar to those found in smaller scales and IC versions. 

I also reckon we'll be seeing more FPV systems appearing, especially on bigger models. They aren't ideal because fast ground vehicles don't make a stable viewing platform but they do catch peoples imagination and so would sell if done right. 

• Like 1

I think we'll see another shell for the G6-01 chassis, hopefully in a larger scale.

Perhaps another truck shell will be adapted to fit the DT-03. Probably more of an old school one this time.

I'm also confident that well see another metallic special of some sort, maybe gold this time.

10 hours ago, big gaz said:

In the scale world, probably a thousand more jeep shells :banghead:

bandwagons being jumped on. :ph34r:

price of the hobby rising even more....:whistling:

I'm not sure the scale bandwagon can be jumped on any more than it already has.