• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Traxxas trx4 owners thread.

Gaz!

25 minutes ago, Jack Reacher said:

the Red is best be interesting to get your take on it

Will get it stripped down , greased up etc then give it a good run  👍 Have to say that the body mounting system is absolute genius 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skynet5 said:

I bought the vanquish phoenix in the end. But man, that bronco.  I wonder if the shell will fit?

The shell mounts to the inner fenders, so unless you can get the trx4 fenders to fit, your going to have to drill holes in the body for mounting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

thinking about motor mounts, any go to alloy ones and the parts they screw into?

i dont trust the whole plastic setup for the motor 🙂

I was the same, however, never had a spur strip or the mount fail. 3300kv 550 can on 3s no worries. 50mph no worries... The plastic mounts just fine unless your really going to be abusing the #$#% out of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redback said:

I was the same, however, never had a spur strip or the mount fail. 3300kv 550 can on 3s no worries. 50mph no worries... The plastic mounts just fine unless your really going to be abusing the #$#% out of it.

Cheers bud thats good to know 🙂

Quick one, I use my trucks for general trailing in woodland with a crawl up any incline I find, rather than out and out rock crawling. The stock traxxas foams, are they good enough in the Canyontrails, or are upgraded foams worth the extra? Im going to be running alloy beadlocks and SSD front brass portals and the truck geared down as far as I can. Cheers Shergar👍

17 minutes ago, supersavage said:

It's probably worth getting some upgraded ones if you can, the stock ones will be ok for a little while but they will degrade pretty quick especially if they get wet. Really could do with getting some decent foams for mine.

2nd this, they are pretty bad and loose shape quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

any tips for getting the canyon trail tyres  or any tyres for that matter to sit nice and straight on alloy beadlocks?

the ones i fitted to the new wheels earlier had one really bad at wobbling when the truck was moving i took it off and redone it and it improved but all of them are at it to some extent, not too worried about it im just curious as the stock tyres on stock wheels had some wobble as well as do my dc1 wheels 🙂

tiNMS68.jpg

Edited by Yrkoon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

any tips for getting the canyon trail tyres  or any tyres for that matter to sit nice and straight on alloy beadlocks?

I've only mounted a couple of pairs so far, so I'm by no means any sort of expert, but I found a little watered down washing up liquid on the bead helped quite a bit for getting everything sitting where it was supposed to be.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yrkoon said:

the ones i fitted to the new wheels earlier had one really bad at wobbling when the truck was moving i took it off and redone it and it improved but all of them are at it to some extent, not too worried about it im just curious as the stock tyres on stock wheels had some wobble as well as do my dc1 wheels 🙂

tiNMS68.jpg

Looks really sweet with those wheels and hubs :good:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...