• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another mCX joins the fleet

Picked up an S300 mCX off EBay.

It was only £29 and I mainly bought if for the good shell, tail and skid set on it. These are very hard to find for the S300 model, and I wanted a spare.

Listing as usual tell you nothing about overall condition, but this one had a broken swash plate, a linkage that had been melted on after they snapped a ball joint off, and a servo that was stuck.

Replaced the swash from my pile of parts ( I have a box full of assorted chassis, shells, blades etc. so everything I needed was there) cleaned up the servo and replaced the linkage. Gave it all a clean while it was apart to get rid of any fluff etc. plus I put a drop of oil on the bearings.

s-l1600.jpg

While I was at it...I have started to adapt a damaged S300 canopy I had to fit on the mSR. It does go...sort of...but the rear mounts don't come close. I will be 3d printing some small pieces to hook it up.

I have laso bought a small vac-former. The plan is to 3D print some moulds to vac form canopies. Shouldn;t be much effort to adapt the S300 shell and vac form some that will work better. As well as making some replacements for the stock part.  Could have some fun.

• Like 2

Nice,

I was looking at this one but was not confident I could fix it.

nice one

there is another one but description does not match and when asked question, no reply….

Edited by karlo888

not really now. A basic PLA filament printer can be had for around £200, which isn;t too bad.

I have made a load of parts for hte RCs with mine, making battery boxes, servo mounts, etc. If I can model it in 3D software..then I can make it in plastic!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...