• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Fitted the rest of the orange ally shims and washers. Just awaiting on the drive protectors now. Fitted the rear hubs too. Really nice fit.

1031940011_orangebits.thumb.jpg.148c115bea227b4fa3a7c4f64fe5b4b4.jpg

1709004304_rearhubfitted.thumb.jpg.3699a1ac6634c104abe4b231cafaa3dc.jpg

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 3

Hate threading screws 😒. I got a stainless screw set and the first one I put in threaded completely. Ended up having to dremel the head to get a flatheaded screwdriver into it. Glad it was a dome top and not a flush screw. Stainless set got sent into the "Use only if urgent" section.

• Like 3

Ran it! The wheelie bar was rarely troubled on the loose leaves and sticks but the couple of times it stopped sliding and hooked up even slightly it worked great!  Now I just need to get used to that disgusting green  🤮

Also, anyone know how to change a username? Mine is a little bit outdated now a couple cars have left!

• Like 2

Today...we attempted micro surgery....

Picked up a couple of cheap E-Flite MCX helis to play with. One seems fine, but the other has a failed servo. Have another chassis with parts for spares, so trying to tear down the thing to swap over parts.

My old eyes are not liking the tiny tiny screws!!

Still....will be good if it works. If it doesn;t.... then the MCX S300 parts on it are going on the stock MCX

• Like 1

the MCX helis are are really good  i had 1 years ago and it taught 3 of us to fly , me , son and his pal :good:

And yep the screws are tiny lol :rofl:

Ps i still have an MCx 2 that still gets flown 

Edited by Stormbringer

Yeah... I had one from new, and it was so stable and forgiving. Decided to get back into helis....and there isn't anything comparable out there that I could find.

So..I got one for £25 in flying order, picked up a broken one for parts for £8 ( had snapped the flybar, and had one slow servo) and then a pair came up for £25. Untested....but looked in good order. As a bonus....one was the basic yellow....the other was the S300 version, with different skids, body and tail. The base model seems to fly fine...but the S300 wouldn't trim to a hover, and when I checked the swash I had no fore/aft control. Servo is dead. But I have enough spares to make 2 good flyers and still have skids, blades, tails, etc as spares. Total outlay is under £60.....and I have seen plenty asking more for one good model. 

And some tinkering fun to be had. Working with tiny screws through a magnifier on a tray to catch the things if one bounces!

1 hour ago, Stormbringer said:

with the mcx you have to watch you dont push the flight battery to far in as it fowls the 2 linear servos that are at the front of frame  :good:

whats the mcx s300 ?

This?

s-l500.jpg.ad680731af78c048b994e7304c89a73d.jpg

Edited by totlxtc
  • Like 1