• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

1 hour ago, Kpowell911 said:

Got out nice and early to what may or may not be a Golf Course…..

Been using the XRT a lot lately, and thought personally the X Maxx was better, but in this environment maybe not as the Maxx rolled a fair bit (this one has a Wide Kit)

All went will till the red lock tighted pinion went loose. Ive had this issue across every X Maxx Ive had since release. Ive found a D Shaped pinion from Arrma so ordered that. 

1tkLNqk.jpeg

BYQg2fP.jpeg

txcDw46.jpeg

C6im4Za.jpeg

qDRbQxR.jpeg

Also took my Mrs Rustler out. Its not been used for nearly a year. The Lipo was playing up so it would go into LVC then kick back in. When it was working it was hillariously fast and just skipped about. Fun car!

rpJckJF.jpeg

As Churchill said "Golf is a wonderful way to ruin a good walk"

Edited by .AJ.
Swearing removed
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, .AJ. said:

Painted the body for the little LC Racing Truggy, I’m pretty sure the body came with window masks, but I can’t find them anywhere, so had to use the horrible window stickers 🤔 

B66-CC1-A4-2127-41-CD-AB48-139850-ED9938

Why not just make your own? Place masking tape on the top of the shell, trace and then cut & apply?

• Like 1

Ive messed up beyond recognition 😕

I kept having my pinion come loose, so today I decided to go with a D Shaped Arrma one. It was a tight fit so I had to give it a tap with a rubber mallet. However. Disaster, I sent the rotor through the plastic endbell. However. Ive tried to rebuild the motor, but with the rotor right up against the front end bell casing, the motor shaft still sticks out the back too far to even get the rear case on.  Is it possible ive knocked the shaft through the magnet and the magnet has moved on the shaft? 

IwATG7r.jpeg

EdHcdtw.jpeg

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Ive messed up beyond recognition 😕

I kept having my pinion come loose, so today I decided to go with a D Shaped Arrma one. It was a tight fit so I had to give it a tap with a rubber mallet. However. Disaster, I sent the rotor through the plastic endbell. However. Ive tried to rebuild the motor, but with the rotor right up against the front end bell casing, the motor shaft still sticks out the back too far to even get the rear case on.  Is it possible ive knocked the shaft through the magnet and the magnet has moved on the shaft? 

How hard did you tap/whack it? Can you see that the rotor has moved from its original position on the shaft? Usually they rotor is glued onto the shaft afaik.  If it has moved then you need to tap/whack it back but apply fresh adhesive such as green loctite which will withstand motor operating temps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hell horn. said:

Sounds like you shifted the shaft. You can try and tap it back into place. But it might or might not work after. But it's worth a try. 

I got it back together and it went up in smoke 😕 Now do I get a stock one again or save up for a while and go “big” in the XRT, and put the XRT motor in the X Maxx?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Kpowell911 said:

I got it back together and it went up in smoke 😕 Now do I get a stock one again or save up for a while and go “big” in the XRT, and put the XRT motor in the X Maxx?

Go big or go home as they say!

• Like 1