• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Broke my slash just after the first run.  managed to get a quick go last night  then decided to link my phone to the app.  it wanted to do a update but instead it killed the receiver.  So i spent a couple of hours today getting life back into it.   I got it to update by using a old 4AA battery holder. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Took a new set of wheels out for a maiden run today. They almost made it round the Arc Raceway circuit 3 times before one tore off the rim. Fortunately Tony sorted me out with a replacement set!

wheels from Modelsport: Roapex Buggy 1:8 tyre Rhythm on Black rims 17mm 

* would avoid for the VSe!

68E1267F-2858-4DA6-B3D2-4DEA576A949D.jpeg

DBAE0406-C093-4965-AB66-1B8C0CCAFEF8.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3

9 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Took a new set of wheels out for a maiden run today. They almost made it round the Arc Raceway circuit 3 times before one tore off the rim. Fortunately Tony sorted me out with a replacement set!

Good old Tony top chap....

40 minutes ago, Ant.p said:

Wowsers!

1 hour ago, Ant.p said:

Hmm im running them on my VSe up the quarry couple of times now and they are fine but i am running on 4s tho

2 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

Hmm im running them on my VSe up the quarry couple of times now and they are fine but i am running on 4s tho

I was on 4s too. I emailed Modelsport and they responded  quickly saying that these are budget wheels and that they aren’t suitable for performance vehicles like the VSe. Doesn’t say that on the website!

• Sad 2

Might have made the wrong decision yesterday to go out in the middle of the hot day and bash my Hyper hard. May have killed one of my batteries in doing so. 😢

Very mild puffing, but enough to split its solid case:

image.thumb.png.ba200a9b073513f3d8c56354fc7e8126.png

image.thumb.png.b97a4c77639f61256c9ee1d35434689d.png

Put it on a storage charge for the moment whilst I make my mind up if it is toast or not (The puffing 95% went as it cooled.)

Ian...

• Sad 6

17 hours ago, Fuzzock said:

Might have made the wrong decision yesterday to go out in the middle of the hot day and bash my Hyper hard. May have killed one of my batteries in doing so. 😢

Very mild puffing, but enough to split its solid case:

image.thumb.png.ba200a9b073513f3d8c56354fc7e8126.png

image.thumb.png.b97a4c77639f61256c9ee1d35434689d.png

Put it on a storage charge for the moment whilst I make my mind up if it is toast or not (The puffing 95% went as it cooled.)

Ian...

Ok, so my novice experience didn't realize this is an issue. Will have to check my batteries over. I mean, they're more or less brand new, but I had similar issues running over the weekend. Our cars kept stopping. We ran through tall grass so I'm guessing it was just overheating on the hot day as the batteries were warm and the motor was hot. I switched the cars off and back on and that temporarily fixed them until it happened again. Is that a common issue when it's hot out? What's the best way to combat it? Fan mounted on heatsink?

1 hour ago, Seminole81 said:

Ok, so my novice experience didn't realize this is an issue. Will have to check my batteries over. I mean, they're more or less brand new, but I had similar issues running over the weekend. Our cars kept stopping. We ran through tall grass so I'm guessing it was just overheating on the hot day as the batteries were warm and the motor was hot. I switched the cars off and back on and that temporarily fixed them until it happened again. Is that a common issue when it's hot out? What's the best way to combat it? Fan mounted on heatsink?

Lower gearing is the norm, lowers the load on the electricals. Fans are just something else to go wrong. Besides, fans won't help the cells. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Lower gearing is the norm, lowers the load on the electricals. Fans are just something else to go wrong. Besides, fans won't help the cells. 

Very true, and that was what I was thinking. The batteries weren't overly hot though, just a bit warm. It was more the motor.

I already lowered the gearing as I went from 48T spur and 17T pinion to 64T and 19T 😞 I stupidly put my phone under the cover a few times to clock the speed. Got 27 mph out of it, which is about a 4/5mph drop, but have to bear in mind it had my iPhone stuck to it (fell out a few times 😅) so that's a canny bit of extra weight and the path I was flying down was a bit bumpy, so might have gained another 1/2mph.

Edited by Seminole81