• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Put most of them back in my car, brought the Wraith in for some tweaking and stripped some parts off a donor chassis. More later...........................

Stripped, deep cleaned and tested the electrics, mounted the front and rear back on to an old yokomo gt4r project ready to fit the top deck, engine ect at a later date when the spurs and pinions arrive.

Fettled bits on the savage 5.9 and treated it to some freshly rebuilt bog bores, changed the bearings in the clutch bell and built everything back up ready for the next outing...

Converted A.S. to brushless with an 80a/3300kv combo. 

Rebuilt the shocks that came with the Jekyll, they're silky smooth and ready to be tested on Miper. 

Took the Savvy and Super 5sc Flux out, then got called out to work, got rear ended on the way, got to the call out, then had a barbecue.

Not supposed to be getting frisky on your way to work! :P

I snapped another KM dog bone on Baja #1... Snapped a dog bone pin on Baja #2 and put Baja #3 up for sale.

Also paid for a new RC :D rather looking forward to it.

Not supposed to be getting frisky on your way to work! :P

I snapped another KM dog bone on Baja #1... Snapped a dog bone pin on Baja #2 and put Baja #3 up for sale.

Also paid for a new RC :D rather looking forward to it.

And like a true blue, hardcore, RC lover, my main concern was "are my beloved trucks (in the van with me) damaged?".

:) Thankfully, they're ok and resting now.

Good weekend at the track, although it was hard on a few cars, with two SWorkz S350's having shock problems, with the first snapping a shock shaft at inside the body and the second breaking a piston, both on the rears. A third SWorkz had a clutch fail, and a fourth snapping the rear front hinge pin brace after it hit a bit of stiff pipe.

I had a few issues with the Xray, popped a glow plug out mid lap, but found it again - still working, then snapped rear camber link but had spares.

But the highlight was when this happened to a three week old S350 evo 2.......

e7067e11e145f59b5d06338ed78542e3.jpg

e15fe46c986f72e90f900bb28cf1406c.jpg

Finished (needs clean up and maybe paint) a beadlock ring.  Other three very close, just need "teeth" cut:

19647046990_fdbc13d2ea_z.jpg

Edit : Stupid flickr img didn't work.

Edited by ghazghul

When my thread lock on my savage failed on me I discovered that between HD clutch bell and HD spur gear, the clutch bell is much less HD... Somehow managed to strip it -.- also managed to shatter a wheel... Not sure how to be honest... It just kinda detached itself...

53ddc05469116af45ae7248d8ad5cdd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk